The Toronto Star is Canada's largest daily newspaper and is read in print and across desktop, mobile and tablet platforms by more than 6 million readers every week. Online, thestar.com is one of the most-visited newspaper websites in Canada.
Our Commitment To Diversity
We strive to be a leader in building and cultivating an employee community framed around fairness, support and opportunity. We believe that what makes us different, makes a difference. And as a team, the diversity of our backgrounds, interests and experiences is what enriches our work, and our workplaces. We welcome all, and we strive for an inclusive culture that allows individual growth and shared success.
This is a new full-time role with Toronto Star's marketing team, responsible for the creation of our promotion material primarily in digital but also with print. Our website is our product and its what our customers use to consume news and information. This role will help communicate our value to our diverse audiences with appealing, attention-grabbing advertising at the right time and place to convert visitors to paying subscribers and to turn subscribers into loyal customers
- Guide marketing campaign manager in A/B testing by providing ongoing designs to constantly improve return on investment in performance metrics (such as cost per click, conversion, and cost of acquisition)
- Customize design and messaging, as appropriate, to target audiences across channels and media (onsite and offsite)
- Deliver designs in formats for all digital paid channels, mobile and desktop and email
- Work closely with our Web UI/UX team that work with site parameters
- Monitor competitive and industry trends for inspiration and to ensure best practices are tested and adapted. Innovate by testing in new channels to capture new audiences. Know and share what drives success and what doesn't
- Provide consistent look and feel across the subscription flow and across channels and ensure designs are on-brand
Why You Will Be Successful:
- 3 years experience in designing for a performance-based company (i.e., eCommerce)
- Extensive experience in graphic design software with a diploma in graphic design
- Understanding of HTML and other web development software
- Experience in animation, videography, and photography an asset
- Critical thinking mindset, desire to keep learning and given speed of change, must have a keen attention to detail
- This is art and science, openness to feedback based on performance will be critical. Willingness to step out of comfort zone to test new ideas
We are committed to providing an inclusive and barrier-free recruitment process ensuring equal access to employment opportunities for candidates, including persons with disabilities. In compliance with Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and Ontario Human Rights Code we will endeavour to provide accommodation to persons with disabilities in the recruitment process upon request. If you are selected for an interview and you require accommodation due to a disability during the recruitment process, please notify the hiring manager upon scheduling the interview of your requirements.