This position will perform Safety Procedure Writer tasks related to developing and revising procedures and related documents to enable operators, mechanics, and other personnel to safely and correctly operate and repair process systems and equipment. Specifically Lock Out/ Tag Out procedures (LOTO).
The requested services would include but not limited to:
- Sitewide gap analysis
- Support and coordination in the preparation, development and writing of new or revised technical procedures for complex systems.
- Draft and revise new descriptive manuals, data sheets, sketches, and other documents.
- Electronically route and monitor procedures for review and approval
- Routine interface with facility managers and customers
- Prepare communications and reports as needed.
- Resolve issues in a timely and professional manner.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
- vBachelor's degree (experience may be substituted for education)
- 3 years experience writing technical procedures. Ideally LOTO procedures.
- Must have a comprehensive knowledge of procedure writing fundamentals. Knowledge of safety programs and standards (OH&S, provincial and federal regulations, quality control etc.) is required.
- Proficient in the use of the Microsoft Office software suite.
- Strong interpersonal skills and well-demonstrated verbal communication skills.
- Experience writing procedures in accordance Writer's Guide for Technical Procedures.
- Strong oral, writing and editing skills.
Schedule: Monday - Friday, Hybrid schedule
Contract : Until the end of 2022
Location: North Vancouver, BC
*LOA and travel can be provided for when on site*
If selected for onboarding, you may be required to undergo a background check and substance test in accordance with job site policies.
While we appreciate all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted at this time!
WestCorp Solutions is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. We are committed to help build a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we live, and where every team member has the opportunity to reach their full potential