Marketing Manager, Canada Federal - ( 220002XD )
Grow with the best. Join a smart, creative, and inspired team that accomplishes operational excellence. Bringing together individuals with diverse backgrounds, talents, and expertise, our 25,000 team members in over 400 locations worldwide are vital to making our company stronger.
Are you ready to wake up every day feeling inspired, excited about your job, and do you like to be part of a winning team? Are you looking for an opportunity where you can work with and be inspired by amazing creative colleagues, make an impact on your community, gain valuable experience, and build your career? Meet Stantec. Ranked as one of the most sustainable companies in the world, the people we work with are cool, and we want you to have a future here.
Our people are at the core of everything we do. Driven by a culture of inclusion, we offer dozens of employee resource groups, growth opportunities, and flexible work arrangements. We understand that the tools for success look different for everyone, and we're committed to providing each employee with the support and flexibility they need to thrive.
We're looking for a Marketing Manager for Canada Federal to join our team. This position will be focused on the development and support of strategic and tactical marketing initiatives in partnership with our Federal Program Leadership in Canada. The ideal candidate will have a passion for nitty gritty details and a background in development of Federal-specific projects supporting defense, infrastructure, security, and health care-an energetic team player who can lead a pursuit process, communicate effectively, manage multiple projects at the same time, and thrive in a deadline-driven environment.
If this sounds like your perfect role, we would love to hear from you.
Reporting directly to the Vice President, Marketing & Communications and with a strong alliance to our Federal Program Leadership, the Marketing Manager provides marketing direction and is a strategic partner in establishing a vision for Stantec's Federal Program by defining its narrative and differentiating points, growing our desired market position, increasing brand awareness, targeting key clients and building relationships with them in concert with designated leaders, creating collateral material/communications and providing direction and contributing written narratives on proposal submissions /presentations in pursuit of key project opportunities.
Success is represented by the development of Stantec's relationship with top Federal Accounts, building of the reputation of the firm and our success at winning work. The role also includes working with a larger Stantec team of Marketing, Business Development, Public Relations and Communications professionals to build our brand awareness and identify market opportunities for top line growth.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Affiliate with Federal Leadership, BOU Collaborative Partners and Account Managers to sustain and grow the business lines, while providing leadership and expertise in marketing and business development
- Affiliate with Federal Leadership, BOU Collaborative Partners and Account Managers to develop national key clients and top pursuits to target in each operating year
- Affiliate with Federal Leadership, BOU Collaborative Partners and Account Managers to develop the annual M&BD business plan
- Provide leadership for ?go/no go analysis? for project pursuits with key client accounts
- Provide leadership for pursuit execution, through delivery of all aspects related to the proposal process including workflow coordination, harnessing resources (e.g., subject matter expert, external consultants, and related internal contributors), implementing process improvements, applying effective project management skills for complex project pursuits, anticipating likely risks, putting mitigation plans in place, technical content, and quality control
- Provide leadership for client presentations, includes critiquing at dry runs and providing final review on large proposal pursuits
- Engage with Federal Leadership, BOU Collaborative Partners, Account Managers, and extended Marketing & Communication team members in developing win strategies for sustaining and growing net revenue across the business lines
- Demonstrate teamwork with Account Managers, BOU/Sector Leadership, Practice Leadership, Local Leadership and Marketing Leadership
- Track ongoing status against the M&BD plan for projected revenue, project pursuit status and success rates on wins
- Work closely with Regional Marketing Directors and their teams to execute at the local level
- Provide oversight and direction on all Federal Marketing & Communications platforms including requests involving Federal Publications and/or the use of Federal Projects in advertising; e-campaigns, promotional material, booth, and banner stands involving Federal conferences/tradeshows; and brochures.
- Partner with the Federal Contracts Team in the completion of all Federal contract summary sheet requests
- Provide direction and resources in the use of Federal marketing intelligence such as PWGSC MERX that identifies federal procurement opportunities, current contracts, and industry analysis
- Provide guidance, direction and be a knowledgeable resource on all matters related to Canada's Supplier Registration Information (SRI) System, Procurement Business Number (PBN), Federal Contractors Program for Employment Equity (FCP-EE), Data Universal Numbering System (DUNS), North American Industry Classification System (NAICS), Standard Acquisition Clauses and Conditions (SACC), Standard Industrial Classification (SIC) Codes, including Central Contractor Registry (CCR)
Your Capabilities & Credentials
- Strong knowledge and understanding of marketing and business development best practice
- Detail oriented and organized, with exceptional prioritization skills
- Ability to effectively balance conflicting priorities
- Ability to effectively communicate with senior management, supervisors, peers, and clients, internally and externally
- Commitment to client service and ability to work in a team-oriented environment
- Excellent interviewing, written and verbal communication skills
- Working knowledge in the use of desktop publishing software such as InDesign, Photoshop, Adobe Acrobat and Distiller
- Strong presentation skills in small or large group environments, with proficiency in presentation support tools (e.g., PowerPoint)
- Demonstrated proficiency with web-based tools and Microsoft Office applications including but not limited to Outlook, Word, Excel, Explore
Education and Experience
- Post-Secondary in business, sales and/or marketing
- Minimum 10-15 years of progressive experience in a senior marketing role in a medium to large sized organization
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where smart, caring people come to build on each other's talents and make an impact on the world. Find your fit. Apply today.
Primary Location : Canada-British Columbia-Vancouver
Other Locations : Canada-Alberta-Edmonton, Canada-Alberta-Calgary, Canada-Ontario-Toronto, Canada-Ontario-Ottawa
Job : Marketing Generalist
Organization : BC-1301 Marketing & Communications-BOU-Canada
Employee Status : Regular
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Travel : Yes, 10 % of the Time
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : Aug 22, 2022, 9:57:24 AM
Req ID: 220002XD
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans