CODE IS YOUR favorite LANGUAGE
Closing: When Filled
Location: Edmonton South (Hybrid)
You're a geek - and proud of it. You love working with computers, playing with computers and there are simply no words to describe your deep love for technology. You can't visit a website without dissecting it to figure out how it works and how it could be better for the end user. We could use a passionate techy like you! As a Developer for our Information Services team, you'll help provide AMA with new business solutions and improve existing technology solutions. The primary responsibility of this job is to translate software requirements into working software and to code, maintain, enhance, develop, and test applications for use in AMA. This is a fantastic opportunity to engage in a positive and creative work environment that offers excellent benefits.
WHAT MOVES YOU
- You tackle every project with anticipation and excitement - no matter how big or how small.
- You ?get' what it means to be part of the team and enjoy working in a collaborative, open-office environment.
- The words ?that will do? aren't in your vocabulary. You always strive to find the best, most innovative solution.
- You don't sit around waiting to be told what to do. You know what needs to be done and you do it.
- You love rolling up your sleeves and digging into the details.
- You handle even the tightest deadlines with a cool head and a clear vision.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Reporting to the Agile Team Lead, Software Development, you'll be working with web applications, with a strong focus on cloud-native, serverless apps.
- Work in a dynamic Agile environment following Scrum and SAFe frameworks
- Focus on applying security best-practices throughout the entire process of the development lifecycle
- Coordinate with Product Owners, other developers, and business users through the project life cycle to gather and understand requirements, determine best solutions, test solutions, and demonstrate functionality to end users.
- Help coach and mentor fellow developers on the team with a focus on peer reviews and pair programming
- Follow modern application architecture guidelines and design principles such as separation of concerns, single responsibility, and least knowledge.
- Contribute to and facilitate the alignment/adoption of common architecture standards across the association
- Deploy code through an established automated deployment framework. Enhance deployment framework as needs arise.
- Create user-centric applications by considering customer feedback, technical constraints, opportunities, and usability findings.
- Enforce test-driven development (TDD) and continuous integration.
- Participate in a 24/7 on-call rotation backed by automated monitoring and an incident management platform.
WHAT YOU'VE DONE
- You have a university degree or technical school diploma in a related technical field such as Information Technology or Computer Science. Have a degree in something else? Tell us about it and how you can use it in this role.
- You've completed a technical program in development, or equivalent.
- You have at least 8 years of development experience.
- You have at least 3 years of experience in systems integration using Application Programming Interface (API) management and design.
- You have experience with data security at rest and transit.
- You have experience in web application security.
- You have a shift-left on security mindset with experience in the OWASP Security Knowledge Framework.
- You have experience with observability.
- You have experience with automated integration and unit testing
- You have experience in DevOps and CI/CD pipelines
- You have experience with the following technologies:
- C#, .NET Core
- AWS experience with Lambda, Fargate, and CloudFormation
- ReactJS, Redux
- NoSQL and RDBMS technologies
- Git (Azure DevOps, GitHub)
- You'll get bonus points if you have:
- Open-source contributions
- AWS experience with CDK, SQS, EventBridge, and S3 Buckets.
- You're a pro at developing applications/services using a combination of REST, GraphQL, NoSQL and RDBMS technologies.
- You have experience leading large IT projects and/or a team of software developers.
- Experience with microservices.
WHAT YOU'LL GET
- Competitive salary.
- Flexible benefits.
- Outstanding employer-paid Pension Plan.
- Great AMA discounts.
- Unlimited learning opportunities.
- Paid vacation and floater day.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.