POSITION TYPE: Full-time
LOCATION: Ottawa, Ontario
APPLICATION DEADLINE: September 9, 2022
Working as part of the school's Administrative team and reporting to the Director of Marketing and Community Relations, the Marketing and Communications Specialist is responsible for the development and delivery of key communications and marketing initiatives that support the objectives of the school, promote its vision, mission and values, and uphold its brand and standards.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Participate in the development of a yearly communications/marketing plan and goals.
- Manage the development and production of digital and print material, working with other team members and suppliers.
- Proactively solicit and develop editorial and news content that promotes the brand and accurately reflects the school's work, creating a compelling and current user experience that upholds the brand.
- Manage and implement website updates and enhancements to ensure that we are maximizing the investment in the Finalsite platform.
- Plan, implement and track multi-channel advertising campaigns.
- Develop and maintain a social media content calendar to increase visibility and enhance brand perception.
- Manage and execute internal communications, including parent and staff e-newsletters.
- Provide proofreading and quality control on all print and online material to ensure the highest standard.
- Handle office administration, including maintaining the budget and organizing and archiving department assets.
- Coordinate and manage freelance and external partners, including photographers, videographers, agencies and media partners.
- Assist in the planning and execution of events as required.
- Communications and marketing experience, preferably in a not-for-profit agency or education setting
- Communications degree or diploma or a related combination of experience, including project management
- Demonstrated ability and experience producing editorial, articles and advertising copy
- Vigilant and detail-oriented in editing, proofreading, and data entry
- Experience using web analytics and social media monitoring/measurement tools
- Experience in website content management and updates
- Experience in digital marketing and social media management
- Expertise with Mac and Google docs environment
- Project management expertise
- Positive, creative, collaborative and organized
- Ability to manage changing priorities, concurrent projects and demanding deadlines
- Ability to work well on your own and work effectively as a team player
- Flexibility to work some evenings and weekends during the school year
- Commitment to and passion for the vision, mission and values of the school
The Marketing and Communications Specialist works full-time in a dynamic office environment with regular interaction with faculty and staff, students and parents, as is typical in a collaborative school environment.
Should your background and skills be a match for our needs, please send your cover letter and resume to Via Isarta. Please include ?Marketing and Communications Specialist? in the subject line. Contact us if you require accommodation at any stage of the application process or want more information on our accommodation policies. We thank all applicants for their interest. We will, however, only contact those selected for an interview.