RWDI is seeking a 3D Modeler/Graphics Designer to work in the Guelph office on the 3D Visualization with a focus on 3D modelling. This is a full-time permanent role.
The role includes but is not limited to the following:
- Build polygonal and NURBS models for use in engineering simulations of internal and external spaces for CFD simulations
- Creates presentation graphics to a set of standards for various engineering studies
- Decipher information from 2D and 3D drawing files, sketches, photos, and maps to conceive and construct 3D models and graphics, including topographic models
- Participate in the planning, coordination and efficient execution of projects and standardization related activities
- Collaborates with and advises the engineering team to solve modeling related challenges
- Ensure project requirements are being fulfilled through ongoing communication with the project team
We are accepting applications from candidates with the following skills and qualifications:
- College diploma in architecture, industrial design, graphic design, game design or 3D animation
- An aptitude for 3D conceptualization and demonstrated ability to transfer 3D information between various 3D applications
- Proficiency in 3D CAD with knowledge of both polygonal mesh and NURBS based modeling
- Working knowledge of Rhinoceros, Revit, SketchUp, AutoCAD, SolidWorks
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, team-based environment with minimal supervision
- Excellent attention to technical detail with a high level of accuracy
- Highly motived with a demonstrated ability to independently problem solve
- Proven ability to successfully meet deadlines while managing multiple active projects
- Strong interpersonal skills with and excellent ability to communicate both verbally and visually
- Awareness/skills leveraging GIS formats, ArcGIS Pro, and geo-referencing tools an asset
- Experience in generating water-tight geometry for Rapid Prototyping or Computer Aided Engineering (CAE) applications is highly valued
- Knowledge of scripting and automation languages of LISP, Python, C#, VBA, RhinoScript considered an asset
Salary Commensurate with experienceRWDI endorses and practices the principles of equal opportunity employment. We are committed to diversity and inclusion.
Accommodations are available during all stages of the recruitment process in accordance with AODA and the Human Rights Code.
Job Type: Full-time