Job Description :
Founded in 1910 and located in Calgary, Alberta, Canada, Mount Royal University grew into a vibrant college in the 1930s and became a mid-sized university in 2009. Mount Royal has carved out a distinct niche by offering smaller class sizes, a robust liberal education and unique undergraduate programs. Currently, more than 15,000 credit students choose from 13 bachelor degrees and 38 majors.
Mount Royal University is located in the traditional territories of the Niitsitapi (Blackfoot) and the people of the Treaty 7 region in southern Alberta, which includes the Siksika, the Piikani, the Kainai, the Tsuut'ina and the Iyarhe Nakoda. We are situated on land where the Bow River meets the Elbow River. The traditional Blackfoot name of this place is "Mohkinstsis," which we now call the city of Calgary. The city of Calgary is also home to the Métis Nation.
Mount Royal University is committed to removing barriers and fostering the inclusion of voices that have been historically underrepresented or discouraged in our society. In support of our belief that diversity in our faculty and staff enriches the work, learning and research experiences for the entire campus community, we strongly encourage members of the designated groups (women, Indigenous Peoples, persons with disabilities, members of visible minorities, and diverse sexual orientation and gender identities) to apply and self-identify.
ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT OF HUMAN RESOURCES
Mount Royal University's dedicated team of Human Resources professionals is here to provide a range of services for prospective and current employees including: environmental health and safety, professional development, talent acquisition, workplace health promotion, consultancy services, and information on policies, payroll, benefits, and more.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Reporting to the Manager, HR Systems, Payroll and Benefits, this position will focus on pulling HR data points, integrating different datasets, preparing the data for analysis, and reporting on key HR metrics. This position provides evidence-based HR research and analytical insights to help MRU achieve strategic objectives. The incumbent will also help drive HR data integrity by continuously identifying and pursuing improvements to data entry and business processes.
This position is a full-time, limited term role working 35 hours per week, ending April 30, 2023.
- Identify, prioritize, and implement improved data quality, data management practices, and reporting capabilities to enhance analytical capabilities
- Partner with internal / external stakeholders to develop and understand customer requirements for reporting requests, and understand data structures, availability, and reporting limitations
- Optimize the data collection process and identify opportunities for improvement and adding new data points
- Develop and test new reporting functionality
- Support the development and enhancement of automated solutions within the team
- Perform complex queries to organize and prepare data used in reports and insights
- Develop and execute a strategic roadmap of analytic opportunities and assist in the analysis and preparation of insight requests related to HR data
- Deliver analytics at scale: Dashboards, Reporting, Metrics/KPIs, Predictive Models, and support UAT testing and validation
- Perform exploratory data analysis, generate and test hypotheses, and uncover trends and relationships
- Guide HR stakeholders on the proper usage of the HR reporting infrastructure and data governance principles
- Assist in preparing analysis and materials for Board/executive management review meetings and other leadership presentations
- Drive data integrity in systems by running queries, analyzing data, developing audits, identifying areas for improvement, and implementing solutions
- Design, maintain and deliver advanced HR data reports and analytics to support continuous improvement, strategic planning and decision-making processes
- Document functional and technical specs for reporting and application modifications; reverse engineer current reports and document specs as needed
- Other duties as assigned
- University Bachelor Degree
- Management Information Systems, Business Administration, Computer Science, Human Resources or a related discipline
- SQL Developer Certificate an asset
- 6 - 10 years of experience in an HRIS environment; Banner preferably
- Experience in PL/SQL required; developer experience an asset
- ARGOS reporting experience an asset
- Expert Proficiency in Excel
- In-depth understanding of HR technology, systems, data and reporting
Skills and additional requirements:
- Extensive knowledge and demonstrated experience with reporting tools (SQL), including ability to reverse engineer data blocks.
- Knowledge of Banner HRIS considered an asset.
- Knowledge of applicant tracking systems an asset.
- The position requires the incumbent to demonstrate a high level of initiative and creativity to understand the needs of HR and other business units facilitating completion of prioritized objectives and goals.
- It is an expectation of the role that the incumbent will contribute as a team member, where individuals work together and equally and are equally in the exchange of ideas, concepts and process outcomes.
- The incumbent is required to work closely with ITS to and facilitate completion of prioritized objectives.
- This role is rooted in analytical and intuitive thinking skills; it is the largest component of the position. The incumbent is expected to gather documented and undocumented process information and knowledge, in addition to researching solution documentation to develop understanding and correct process and problem articulation.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
What We Offer
Talented and committed employees are the driving force behind student success. We strive to be an employer of choice among Canadian post-secondary institutions.
At Mount Royal University, we recognize that people are a combination of many intersecting identities; we work to cultivate an environment that welcomes the whole person, and harnesses the strength that is available in our diversity, creating a rich and inclusive workplace.
Investing in the learning and development of our employees benefits the individual and the University. A variety of services, resources and programs encourage a healthy, productive workplace. Mount Royal University offers a competitive total compensation package including health and dental benefits, pension, health and personal spending accounts, paid vacation, winter holiday closure, personal days and a free membership in our fully equipped recreation centre.
Our campus offers the convenience of a full medical clinic, dentist and pharmacy, as well as a variety of wellness services such as physiotherapists and massage therapists. Campus Recreation offers many activities, including personal training, climbing, aquatics, sports and certifications for students, employees and the public.
MRU supports full immunization as the best way to protect yourself and our campus community and strongly recommends vaccination against COVID-19.
Salary: $78, 875.00 - 99,744.00 per annum
Closing Date: Open until suitable candidate is found
A cover letter and resume should be submitted in one .pdf document. Please title your .pdf document as follows: [Last Name], [Requisition Number], [Document Title].pdf (ex. Smith, 999999, CV.pdf).