We are seeking enthusiastic individuals who bring their authentic selves to work and enjoy personal and professional growth through regular feedback, training, and support from their leaders.
?Passion for People? is one of our core values, meaning our team members choose to make a positive impact with every member, guest, and co-worker they interact with. We love recognizing people when they do their best and we also organize regular staff socials and outings to show our appreciation. We provide competitive wages, bonuses, comprehensive benefits, meal allowances, and golfing privileges for those who play or want to learn how to golf.
Known as the ?Club of Champions?, our beautiful Tudor-style clubhouse and warm and welcoming membership have a long tradition of hosting fun, memorable events. We are looking for a full-time, Events Manager to continue this tradition and help us elevate event and dining experiences to be among the best in Vancouver and Western Canada.
Reporting to the Food and Beverage Manager, the Events Manager is responsible for managing all outside and member events from inquiry to execution. The successful candidate will be warm and accommodating to all members and guests while creating a memorable experience at functions of various sizes. They must possess a passion for working with people with the ability to maintain effective professional relationships with staff, members, and guests. This position plays a key role in strategic planning and is accountable for reporting event successes and challenges to the leadership team as well as staying on top of event trends.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES:
- Responsible for the planning of all formal dining events, private functions, Club events, and non-member functions.
- Lead events from inception to execution, starting with a welcoming first impression, outlining a seamless planning process, and ending with an unforgettable finish.
- Liaise with the Food and Beverage Manager to help forecast and monitor staffing levels for events and private functions.
- Responsible for maintaining an enticing banquet and events package with current food and beverage menus and captivating photo assets.
- Research market and industry for specialty products, current trends, and new event ideas for casual/formal dining events, private functions, and Club events.
- Ensure consistent updates of BEOs and assist in event execution when required.
- Regularly communicate with staff and other Managers with respect to promotions, upcoming events, planned staffing, product requirements, décor, etc.
- Follow up and respond to Member and Guest concerns, complaints, and compliments.
- Counsel, guide, and direct staff in a fair and consistent manner following the steps of progressive discipline when required.
- Proactively search and make recommendations to improve quality, efficiency, and service, to increase revenue and reduce costs.
- Ensure all staff follow and adhere to WorkSafeBC, provincial Health & Safety legislation, and Marine Drive Golf Club's OH&S program.
- Attend and contribute to the weekly Food & Beverage meetings.
- Five years of experience in the restaurant/hotel/club industry
- 2 years of experience in Hospitality Management with an event focus
- Diploma or degree in event management, hospitality, or equivalent preferred
- Experience in casual, fine dining, and banquet environments
- Possesses strong project management and time management skills, able to handle and prioritize multiple tasks
- Strong organizational, leadership, and communication skills
- Pleasant, positive, and responsive manner
- Proactive and results-oriented
- Flexibility in work hours
- Available to work some major holidays
- Extended Health & Dental Care Coverage
- Meal allowance
- On-site parking
- RRSP program
- Staff events & Recognition programs
- Employee referral bonuses
- Golfing privileges
Marine Drive Golf Club invites interested candidates to submit their resumes and cover letter, clearly demonstrating their alignment with our desired qualifications, no later than September 16, 2022. Please send your resume and covert letter by email to People & Culture Manager, Ann Chow at via Isarta.
Marine Drive Golf Club is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity, equity, and inclusion. We encourage and appreciate interest from individuals belonging to equity-seeking groups.
Review our website www.marine-drive.com to learn more about our company, core values, and current openings.