As Senior Marketing & Communication Specialist, you are a natural leader with good business acumen who thrives on influencing and persuading others. You will be responsible for leading Marketing activities, increasing brand awareness and managing internal and external communications, including digital platforms at Intelligent City and will become an important part of our team. This role will report to the Director, Business Development.
Our headquarters is based in Vancouver, BC with a factory is located in Delta, BC. Successful candidate must be available to work a hybrid work arrangement.
- Create and execute strategic sales and marketing plans on time and within budget to align with business objectives.
- Create content that accurately reflects the company brand across multiple platforms (website, social, newsletters, news releases, presentations, promotional material and advertising).
- Work with a multi-disciplinary team and build and maintain effective relationships with internal stakeholders and subject matter experts to align on market opportunities, objectives, benchmarks, messaging and audience targets, and content to ensure campaign success.
- Lead the planning, development and implementation of communication plans.
- Proofing and editing of corporate documents and digital communication, including proposals to ensure consistency and accuracy.
- Oversees Salesforce CRM system and entire sales pipeline including proposals submitted.
- Assist with the development of proposal content, liaise with stakeholders to coordinate and solicit content, compile complete proposals, and manage the proposal submission process
- Develop proposals in response to a variety of requests for proposal (RFPs) and requests for information (RFIs).
- Assist in maintaining and updating a large database of information pertaining to proposals;
- Devise and implement corporate public relations plan to support proactive and reactive situations.
- Prepare and issue media releases, external and internal communications.
- Track all media coverage and social media analytics and prepares monthly summary reports.
- Ensuring marketing programs align with public relations and other communication activities
- Generating new business leads through digital marketing methods.
- Participating in trade-related and other networking events, attending meetings and presentations with potential clients, and other client discovery activities
- Monitor competitors' products, including relevant sales and marketing data
- Develop an operating budget for the sales and marketing that meets business goals
- Analyzing market trends and prepare forecasts and set appropriate performance goals.
- Adjust sales and marketing strategy to ensure maximum success.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with key clients, including negotiating and closing on major contracts
- Translating highly technical information into concise and compelling response
- Helps to set, monitor, review and report on Business Development, Marketing and Project metrics and KPI's.
Education and Qualifications:
- Post-secondary degree in Sales, Business Administration, Marketing or a related field preferred; An equivalent combination of education and experience in a related field may substitute for education only.
- 7+ years of experience in a senior sales/marketing role with demonstrated ability to meet or exceed targets
- Experience with graphic design
- Experience generating interesting visual contact
- Photography, video production and editing skills, an asset
- Experience using CRM, with Salesforce a definite asset
- Experience using social media platform, creating content, and utilizing tools (ie; SEO) to maximize exposure.
- Experience with Public Relations, an asset
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to present strategy and results to staff members at every level of the organization
- Ability to create and maintain positive relationships with current and prospective clients
- Demonstrated ability to plan and execute a marketing campaign from beginning to end
- Demonstrated skill in negotiating and closing on critical sales contracts
- Able to handle multiple and sometimes competing priorities
- Confident in use of technology
Skills & Competencies:
- Customer Service
- Critical Thinking and Problem Solving
- Writing Skills
- Communication Skills
- Time Management skills
- Deadline Oriented
- Must be legally authorized to work permanently in Canada
- Willingness to work between our Vancouver and Delta manufacturing facility
- Occasional travel may be required
- Successful candidates may be required to submit to a background check.
Intelligent City is a housing technology company with the mission to empower people to live better, to build smarter, and to address climate change and urban housing challenges.
Taking a product and platform-based approach, we vertically integrate high-rise mass timber building systems, advanced design-engineering, automated manufacturing, and parametric software. Through this, we offer breakthrough end-to-end building solutions that can be built faster with better quality while being more affordable and consistently carbon neutral. Intelligent City has been broadly recognized for its leadership in bringing together climate tech and construction tech solutions, including by Sustainable Development Technology Canada (SDTC), Breakthrough Energy Solutions Canada (BESC) and the Solar Impulse Foundation.
We think change - and we are looking for likeminded doers, integrators, professional hybrids, thinkers, and innovators that can help us achieve our objectives. We are one of the first companies in the world to have a fully integrated building solution with automated manufacturing for high-rise mass timber, mixed-use urban housing, which has been tested, is market ready, and already fully compliant with new building codes.
We strongly believe in teamwork. We consist of driven, open-minded, highly motivated, and self-sufficient members with multi-facetted interests and qualifications. Architects, engineers, technologists, and product designers are working in teams with experts in software development, manufacturing automation, and construction. Together, we are creating a new kind of integrated company founded on design, sustainability, and technology.
We offer unique career opportunities and bring together a diverse and highly skilled team of individuals from around the globe, united in the belief that technological innovation can enable an ecological, economical, and socially sustainable future, meeting broad ESG objectives for our clients.
We are looking for great people who have the skills and drive to help us to create a better world. We will offer a competitive salary including employee stock options, a comprehensive benefits package, and a fulfilling and exciting work environment within a great team. We want our work to be worthy of everyone's commitment.