Nature's Path is a sustainably-driven, deliciously-healthy organic food company and our innovative brands include Nature's Path, Love Crunch, Envirokidz and Que Pasa. As a family-run, privately-owned company with locations in Canada and the U.S., our company was founded on a mission to "leave the Earth better than we found it". Since 1985, we have expanded our team to over 700 employees in U.S. and Canada. We believe in the idea that you can come to work, and help make the world a better place in the same day
Critical Outcomes from the Job
- Development of strategy, briefs and KPI's for campaigns to increase visibility and awareness of the Nature's Path brand, products, programs and initiatives such as, new product launches, Organic Regenerative agriculture, Eat Well Do Good, Gardens for Good, Reusable packaging (LOOP) etc
- Perform monthly audits of PR activities and projects measuring success against budgets, deadlines and KPIS. Identify areas of improvement and action them.
- Work in collaboration with PR agency to solidify Nature's Path as the organic leaders in the marketplace through activations, media coverage, partnerships, thought leadership and other editorial coverage in key North American markets.
- Be Nature's Path in house copywriter for press releases, blogs and other external corporate announcements
- Work cross functionally with executive leadership to leverage opportunities to build personal profiles in addition to brief in and respond to media requests to position Nature's Path as the organic leadership in the marketplace
- Other duties as assigned
- Critically analyze inbound media inquiries against KPI's and action those which will ladder back to strategic pillars and drive results
- Develop, brief in and publish Nature's Path content on a monthly basis and share via our intranet (NP Connected) and other relevant channels to leverage Nature's Path event, news and initiatives
- Produce presentations for large scale events, employee communications and monthly Town Halls with the executive leadership team
- Develop appropriate communication campaigns to share critical business information with a variety of audiences, including office based and plant employees
- Support Director of Marketing Services where required
- Other internal communications duties as assigned
- Drive reputational and operational crisis/ issue management by working with various teams, including PR agencyto ensure coordinated, consistent messages that align with company goals, issues management and strategies and plans
- Ensure that all crisis communication procedures are kept updated and accessible
- Management of Communications specialist, coordinators, interns including recruitment, training, mentorship, resource management and overseeing projects.
- Create training and development plans for direct reports
- Owns and manages overall communications budgets ensuring all programs, projects and initiatives are done within budget
Qualifications & Education
Required | Bachelor's degree in Communications, Journalism, Marketing, or equivalent experience
Preferred | 7-10 years, Communications Manager/Strategist/Specialist role, or equivalent
- Excellent Communication skills
- Ability to work to deadline
- Ability to coordinate with cross-functional teams
- Management, including ability to manage a variety of projects with some level of complexity?
- Strategic thinking skills
- Support budget management?
- Motivated and Hard working, thrives working in a fast-paced environment
- Collaborative team player
- Problem solving skills
Nature's Path cares deeply about diversity, equity, and inclusion in recruitment, hiring, employment and advancement. We are an equal opportunity employer dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live and serve. We encourage and are pleased to consider all qualified candidates, without regard to race, colour, citizenship, religion, sex, marital/family status, sexual orientation, gender identity, aboriginal status, age, disability or persons who may require an accommodation, to apply.
Notification to Applicants: We are committed to providing an accessible environment and ensuring fairness throughout our hiring process. We welcome the opportunity to work with applicants requesting accommodations at any stage of the recruitment and hiring process and while working with Nature's Path. Accommodations will be provided as requested, please contact us.