Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It's where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential-and where you can help us reach ours.
In This Function You Will
- Achieve assigned team orders and sales goals
- Implement sales plans and growth strategies to meet performance requirements
- Prepare sales presentations to create understanding and awareness of service solutions
- Provide technical assistance to distributors, contractors, end users and consultants
- Build relationships with key customers to enhance long-term business prospects
- Prepare sales proposals and value propositions based on customer needs and expectations
- Administer all phases of the sales process to ensure effective and timely customer services and response.
- Be aware of and responsive to market conditions and competitive activities; communicate such information internally and drive corrective strategies or actions
- Maintain cooperative and credible working relationships with company personnel to deliver customer satisfaction
- Develop bid strategies and quotations for customers applying sound business judgment to enhance sales volumes and margins
- Maintain C360 opportunity database, provide input on monthly sales forecasts and operations reports based on negotiation activity and distributor/customer feedback
- Promote Eaton products and services to targeted customers in designated geography with the objective of optimizing engineering and services solutions mix and profit margin while increasing sales in the marketplace. Services and solutions include contracts & support field electrical services, electrical engineering & consulting services, switchgear modernizations, distributed energy resources, power management and automation services and turnkey project services.
- Perform all job functions with adherence to Eaton's Philosophy and Values as well as Safety and Environmental standards
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we - as individuals and as a company - are stronger.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Red Seal (309A) Interprovincial Journeyman Electrician Certification/Ticket or Post-Secondary Diploma from an accredited institution
- Minimum of three (3) years' experience in sales/customer service/sales support in the electrical industry
- Basic knowledge of electrical power distribution and control equipment and systems
- Ability to work in Canada without company sponsorship
- Relocation assistance is not available for this position.
- Degree from an accredited institution
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
- Experience in developing and deploying strategies to deliver customer focused solutions
- Strong written and verbal communication abilities
- Professional presence and effective communications skills
- Ability to respond to a variety of challenging circumstances.
- Significant electrical power distribution and control systems knowledge.
- Strong time management skills
- Strong presentation/training and communication skills.
- Significant experience utilizing Value Added Selling techniques.
- Ability to work well within a team.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
We provide benefits that are industry competitive and focused on employee well-being. Listed below are programs that are offered globally, but program availabilities may vary by site.
- Company vehicle, laptop and cellphone are provided
- Flexible work options to help balance work/life demands (at participating Eaton sites)
- Healthcare/retirement savings programs
- Competitive compensation packages to reward skills and performance and bonus sales incentive programs
- Tuition assistance or financial help for ongoing learning and development
- Health, Dental, Vision & Wellness programs
- Donation matching (U.S., Canada, Puerto Rico)
Please note that this position requires 25-30% of travel time.
Eaton has in place accessibility policies for accommodating employees with disabilities. If you are selected for an interview and require accommodations, please let the recruiter or hiring manager know so that we can work to make reasonable adjustments that best suit your needs. Accessibility information may be found at: : https://www.eaton.com/ca/en-gb/company/policies-and-statements/accessibility.html
What you will get from us
Eaton's mission is to improve the quality of life and the environment through the use of power management technologies and services. We provide sustainable solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power - more safely, more efficiently and more reliably. Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each day. It's where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential-and where you can help us reach ours. Eaton's 2020 revenues were $17.9 billion, and we sell products to customers in more than 175 countries. We have approximately 85,000 employees.
We make work exciting, engaging and meaningful for our employees through our dedication to tackling some of the toughest power management challenges on the planet and by never losing sight of what matters. Our culture is built on a strong commitment to practicing our core values and supporting our employees with the tools they need to succeed. We pledge to always foster a diverse and inclusive environment, including inclusion resource groups that bring together employees who share a common purpose, interest or background. In the past year, our company has received top employment recognition by the Human Rights Campaign and almost fifty percent of our Board of Directors represented diverse groups. When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we - as individuals and as a company - are stronger.
We have demonstrated our passion for sustainability with the recent announcement of cutting carbon emissions from the company's operations by at least 50 percent by 2030. We are ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and committed to learning. We are confident we can deliver on our promise to improve the quality of life and the environment because of the attributes that our employees embody.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Region: North America - Canada
Organization: ESSG CA Canada
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time