You will advance the sales process and achieve/exceed solution sales and usage/consumption targets by helping customers identify business challenges/opportunities and addressing those with differentiated solutions based on Microsoft Dynamics 365 and the broader Microsoft cloud platform, removing deployment roadblocks and driving customer value and satisfaction.
The Impact You'll Be Making
The reinvention of business processes represents a bold bet for Microsoft in accelerating our growth in commercial cloud services. The mission of Microsoft Business Applications is to help our customers digitally transform their businesses to drive new sources of revenue, create new and engaging ways to serve their customers, and to transform the way in which their business runs to drive new levels of profitability for their organization.
The Sales Executive is an accomplished specialist with a proven track record of exceeding sales targets by driving digital transformation using CRM and ERP solutions in enterprise accounts. She/he uses their industry knowledge, solution expertise and customer relationships to influence key stakeholders and lead virtual teams to drive transformation.
- Responsible for territory that covers Western Canada Public Sector accounts
- Develop and maintain account plans for all accounts in your designated territory which includes white space analysis, current technology footprint/landscape, customer pains, competitive landscape, industry trends, incumbent partners etc.
- Develop deep trusted relationships with senior business and IT leaders by understanding customer business pains, strategic growth objectives, industry trends and by providing outcome-based solutions.
- Develop, maintain, and document comprehensive business plans resulting from joint customer planning and discovery workshops which address customer strategic priorities for digital transformation.
- Discover, assess, evaluate, and challenge strategic customer objectives by translating them into digital transformation opportunities that leverage Microsoft Dynamics 365 and the broader Microsoft cloud.
- Develop and drive opportunity execution plans with a team of Microsoft and partner industry experts and pre-sales specialists, ensuring a highly collaborative and orchestrated partner co-selling motion.
- Justify key change scenarios and associated investments through compelling outcomes, create proposals reflecting tangible business value, negotiate terms and contracts with successful close.
- Be a disciplined operator by building and driving a rolling pipeline, keeping it current and accurate. Leverage marketing, inside sales, partners, and relationships to build pipeline. And leverage promotions, events etc. to close opportunities.
- Achieve/exceed revenue quota and customer win targets.
- 5+ years of technology-related sales or account management experience
- OR Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Business Administration, or related field AND 4+ years of technology-related sales or account management experience.
Additional Or Preferred Qualifications
- Experience selling into Western Provincial Public Sector accounts.
- Successfully selling CRM/ERP, or similar business applications to large enterprise customers.
Deep Understanding Of
- Business solutions, specifically CRM/ERP applications including Marketing Automation, Salesforce Automation, Relationship Sales, Customer Service, Field Service, Finance, Supply Chain, Commerce etc. and how they translate into business impact and drive the desired business outcomes.
- The security, regulatory and compliance needs of global customers.
- Commercial cloud offerings, ideally including Microsoft's cloud platform as well as competitors and related ecosystems.
- Business value selling methodologies, practices and technologies that drive sales prospecting and sales management in complex solution selling environments (e.g. Design Thinking, Business Value Engineering, Challenger sales etc.).
- Customer-centric mindset with demonstrated passion for delivering customer value and success.
- Demonstrated success in complex, multi-year sales engagements.
- Solution selling skills, including ability to articulate concise return on investment value statement.
- Excels at developing strong relationships and leadership connections to understand customer needs.
- Adept at challenging perspectives and differentiating from competition by reframing value from Microsoft solutions.
- Ability to sell across business and IT, strong negotiation skills.
- Strong presentation, white boarding and communication skills.
- Organizational agility, able to coordinate stakeholders like Marketing, Engineering, Licensing, Legal, Executives etc.
- Problem solver and ability to work in fast-changing environment and manage ambiguity.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Benefits/perks may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you