We at NIKE Canada are currently looking for an exceptionally talented Brand Marketing Specialist for our Canadian Head Office, Downtown Toronto, ON.
Please note: This is a Hybrid role (3 days on-site/2 days remote)
Nike, Inc is one of the most recognized and leading brands in the world. We are the world's leading innovator in athletic footwear, apparel, equipment, and accessories.
Along the way, Nike has established a strong Brand Portfolio with several wholly-owned subsidiaries including CONVERSE, JORDAN BRAND and NIKE GOLF. Nike's world headquarters is located in the United States near Beaverton, Oregon, a suburb of Portland. Nike operates all around the globe employing more than 73,000+ people across six continents.
Canada Brand Marketing Specialist
NIKE CANADA (GEO NORTH AMERICA)
Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world's best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At Nike, it's about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
Come and join our growing team! We're looking for a collaborative, innovative and consumer-focused retail brand marketer who can help us lead strategy and implementation across out marketplace, with a sharp focus on wholesale.
Who We Are Looking For
We're looking for a Brand Marketing Specialist for our Toronto-based brand management team. This Specialist will help create the future of sport and implement the 365, daily relationship with athletes*. Their specific focus will be to act as key project management support for the broader retail & brand marketing team.
This role will manage internal relationships and contribute to brand plans to grow the business. The Specialist will discover Toronto-based talent and trends in the Basketball & Future of fitness space, while creating mutually beneficial partnerships for the community and the brand. The role will also interface regularly with internal functional partners and will be responsible for all associated team finance, team contracting, team product ordering and the implementation of other key operations, as they are rolled out.
The candidate should have comprehensive experience and proven track record on managing multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment. Their grasp of the sport landscape will prove to be valuable. Their ability to manage multiple projects while build strong working internal / external relationships in the community will be paramount to their success. They should be detail-oriented, organized, ready to dig in, work collaboratively, and bring a positive attitude always.
The ideal candidate loves working in a face-paced, ever-evolving, positive and collaborative team environment. They're a self-starter who thrives working through ambiguity and enjoys leading new and innovative approaches for their team.
What You Will Work On
You will collaborate with teammates across Nike to bring creative thinking to activation plans around product launches and sport moments. You will mine and share consumer insights and opportunities for the brand. You will build relationships with Canadian athletes and community leaders and perform product design, forecasting, and ordering tasks. You will be responsible for the fulfillment of the brand team seasonal product contract(s).
As our Canada Brand Marketing Specialist, you will:
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams across cities, geos, and global
OPS / TEAM SUPPORT:
- Implement new best practices to create efficiencies across the team
- Act as key author for all team contracts & admin milestones (i.e., across finance, Contract Central, Trademark Aravo, legal, etc....)
- Track notes and deliverables in integrated marketing & team meetings
- Fulfill the Canadian product contract, which can include design (i.e., grassroots events like OFSAA) to forecast to launch
BRAND / RETAIL SUPPORT:
- Ideate creative opportunities for local activation
- Integrate product into seasonal and 365 programming
- Serve as a key contributor or expert of the basketball and/or Future of fitness category
- Share knowledge and trends with the team
- Oversee the end-to-end insights gathering process
- Build new consumer experiences
- Expand the greater team's understanding of the consumer, including aspirations, behaviors, interests, functional needs and values
Who You Will Work With
If this is you, you'll be working with the Canadian brand director and retail /brand manager(s) in developing marketing strategy and driving consumer connection with Nike. A typical day will include equal parts internal and external conversations. Your internal Nike teammates will include Canada brand org, CDM, Sales creative teams / agencies, and the North America teams. External relationship management includes, but is not limited to, local athletes, coaches, organizations, and agency partners.
What You Bring
- Bachelor's degree, Marketing, or related field or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum 3+ years of direct relevant work experience
- Detail oriented & results oriented. This position requires someone who can plan ahead, think analytically, and keep projects moving in the right direction despite ambiguity
- Ability to build and manage relationships with key accounts, organizations and individuals in and around the Canada sport communities
- Strong passion and expertise for either Basketball and/or Future of Fitness
- Ability to prioritize effectively to spend time on the issues that will make the most difference to the brand and the business
- Key lifeline on our team as the "doer" when it comes to mobilizing the right tools to launch and execute a project
- Strong project management and problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to develop and maintain fair and honest relationships at all levels, both internally and externally
- Self-starter who thrives in a fast-paced, agile culture
- Enjoys process, and can drive one with confidence to command a room
- Passionate about learning new tools and technologies // is an early adopter
- Experience in these tools a benefit: SAP, Coupa, contract central, etc
- Proficiency in Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint & Keynote. SAP preferred
- Experience with finance (cutting POs) and using other corporate tools to move work forward
If this is you, then please apply online with your most recent resume at your earliest opportunity. Selected candidates will be contacted for interviews.
In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, and the City of Toronto's Accommodation Policy, accommodation will be provided in all parts of the hiring process. Applicants need to make their needs known in