DIRECTOR OF COMMUNICATIONS & MARKETING
Bayview Glen is currently seeking an innovative, collaborative, and strategic communications and marketing leader to fill the role of Director of Communications & Marketing. The successful individual will be responsible to lead the development and implementation of a comprehensive marketing plan and communications strategy, to advance the School's mission, reputational nature, strategic plan, and enhance the scope and effectiveness of the School's outreach to multiple constituencies. This is an exciting opportunity to build upon the School's strong foundation while bringing innovation, process-driven best practices, effective project management, consistency, and sustainability to areas of marketing and special events with an expanded focus on communications, planning and strategy.
budget, and production of all school publications and events.
The Director will oversee and actively participate in the creation, design,
, advertising, publicity, public relations and serve as the School's spokesperson when so designated by
the School. This position reports to the Senior Director of Advancement and manages one direct report.
Qualifications & Skills :
Additionally, the Director will coordinate all social
- Completion of post-secondary education in communications, marketing or other relevant area of study with a minimum of 5 years of relevant progressively responsible experience working within the marketing, communications or public relations field.
- Demonstrated skills, knowledge and experience in the design and execution of marketing, communications and advertising plans.
- An excellent storyteller leveraging all forms of communication platforms.
- Knowledge of current trends and emerging issues in communications and marketing, especially as related to branding, fundraising and community engagement in order to identify and optimize opportunities for messaging and identify and address/mitigate risks.
- Expertise in institutional communications, including newsletter and other print vehicles, digital including websites and social media channels in order to lead the development of creative and compelling communication and marketing programs.
- Strong creative, strategic, analytical, organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Experience developing and managing budgets.
- Experience writing, editing and creating the design and production of print and digital materials.
- Excellent relationship building skills to negotiate with media printers and other service providers. Ability to engage and connect effectively with all constituencies, including school leadership, faculty, staff, students, parents, alumni, volunteers, the community, the media and others.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, database management InDesign and Adobe Suite.
- Commitment to working with shared leadership and in cross-functional teams.
- Project Management skills in order to lead several concurrent communications and marketing initiatives within tight timelines.
- Experience in using data and information to guide decision-making, balancing calculated risks with creativity and innovation.
- Experience within the education field and the independent school environment would be considered an asset.
- Bayview Glen seeks faculty and staff who support our mission of Whole Child: Whole Life: Whole World and share in our core values of Respect, Responsibility, Compassion, Integrity, Equity and Balance.
The School is dedicated to providing a welcoming, vibrantly multicultural school environment with a passion for learning, understanding and commitment in an ever-changing world. Faculty and staff are offered meaningful opportunities for professional development, growth, and leadership; competitive salaries and a generous group Benefit and RRSP plan
We invite all qualified candidates to submit a cover letter and resume (combined into one document) by no later than September 7, 2022. Please indicate the name of the position you are applying for in the subject line.
As a condition of employment, successful candidates will need to provide a current Vulnerable Sector Screening (VSS) from the police jurisdiction in which they reside prior to commencing employment.
This position is required to work on campus on a full-time basis and, as a result, the School has determined that vaccinations of all school staff are required in order to protect the health and safety of our school community. Certain accommodations or exemptions will be considered if required under the Ontario Human Rights Code.
At Bayview Glen we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all members of our school community feel valued, respected, and supported. We encourage qualified applications from the diverse communities in which we live and serve and who may contribute to the further diversification of perspectives and ideas. We will accommodate needs under the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Please contact our Human Resources Department for assistance if required.
We would like to thank all applicants in advance for your interest; however only those candidates invited for an interview will be contacted.
Please visit us online at www.bayviewglen.ca to learn more about Bayview Glen School.