Fortinet is headquartered in Sunnyvale, California, owns a 200,000 square foot manufacturing assembly and operations center in Union City, California, and has offices around the globe. In Canada, we have key centers in Burnaby and Ottawa with teams across the country. Founded in 2000 by Ken Xie , the visionary founder and former president and CEO of NetScreen, Fortinet is led by a strong management team with deep experience in networking and security.
Seeking a Director of Field Marketing as a key player in driving key marketing programs and campaigns. This position works closely with sales leadership, direct and indirect sales teams, Global Marketing and Global Product Marketing to understand business and marketing goals and objectives and translate those goals into measurable marketing campaigns and pipeline results. This position reports to the Vice President of Marketing and Government Vertical for Latin America, the Caribbean, and Canada. This person will be responsible for management of regional and global campaigns from start to finish including planning, implementing, and measuring the effectiveness of all marketing campaigns in generating opportunities and sales pipeline in Canada, with direct responsibility for managing both field and channel marketing teams.
This person will maintain alignment to corporate goals, messaging, and positioning and will work closely with their VP, Country Sales Leadership, and Regional Directors to develop targeted marketing plans to reach and expand market penetration across strategic accounts and white space.
This position is based in Ottawa NCR area to work closely with the rest of the Sales and Marketing teams and will travel to other provinces to support those teams.
- Collaborate with sales to establish go-to-market strategies and plans that encompass product launch, lead generation, CISO / CIO account relationships and executive briefings, as well as to determine the most effective marketing strategies to meet sales and marketing goals.
- Work with multiple sales teams and BDR teams to determine lead generation requirements spanning high-volume products as well as specific product solutions, like wireless, web security, etc.
- Be responsible for the region level marketing pipeline, business development appointments and new logos. Jointly drive regional growth at the annual rate of 30% to meet corporate objectives.
- Collaborate with corporate, overlay teams, and BDR teams to ensure flawless programs and execution.
- Plan and allocate resource, both people and marketing budget, towards high impact and ROI areas.
- Establish, manage, and analyze program metrics
- Create and deliver regular reports to senior management on marketing plans and results.
- Supervise additional marketing managers.
- Demonstrated success in driving marketing strategies and tactics to drive pipeline and sales growth.
- Ability to work cross-functionally to plan and execute successful thought leadership, brand awareness, and lead generation marketing programs.
- Experience identifying primary target markets and developing integrated campaign strategies including digital, email, ABM, events, and more.
- Ability to manage the planning and execution of programs in a deadline driven environment.
- Knowledge of CRM, marketing automation systems, and predictive marketing platforms and how to maximize them for results.
- Will support and amplify Fortinet's sports-related investments in Canada, including the Fortinet Cup.
- Travel will be required.
- 10-15 years of experience in marketing or related field
- Demonstrated experience in marketing technology solutions or networking solutions at the enterprise-level, preferably in network security or cybersecurity as a field.
- Understanding of marketing and experience across private and public sectors, verticals, and segments.
- Strong verbal communication and presentation skills
- Experience developing lead and demand generation strategies and their measurement to determine ROI.
- Bachelor's Degree in Marketing or related degree