Industry Solutions (IS) is a global organization of over 13,000 strategic sellers, industry experts, elite engineers, and world-class architects, consultants, and delivery experts who work together to bring Microsoft's mission of empowerment - and cutting-edge technology - to life for the world's most influential customers. We are on the front lines of innovation, working side-by-side with customers to drive value across the entirety of their digital transformation journey.???
Our team prides itself on embracing a growth mindset, inspiring excellence, and encouraging everyone to share their unique viewpoints and be their authentic selves. Join us and help create life-changing innovations that impact billions around the world!
The focus of the ISD Sales Manager role is to provide Sales & Thought leadership across several Industries, implementing sales strategies that enable realization of Microsoft Industry Solutions Delivery revenue & consumption goals.
Drive Customer Success through Inspirational Leadership
- Define Sales strategy for your focus Industries in collaboration with the ATU, STU, CSU, OCP and our Partners, and providing Sales input to Services Go-To-Market (GTM) plan
- Inspire your sellers, foster a culture of customer-centricity, accountability, collaboration and achieving big bold goals
- Lead by example, personally engaging with customers at CxO level, supporting and coaching sellers on new opportunity discovery & acceleration
Drive Excellence in Execution & Maintain a High-Performing Team
- Develop a high-performing, diverse and sustainable team to enable long-term, predictable revenue growth and satisfied Microsoft customers
- Ensure compliance of Sales headcount to area blueprint, Pre-sales budget, Sold Margin and Revenue Mix
- Hold sellers accountable, driving excellence in new business and account planning, pipeline management, forecasting and close planning
- Drive integration and orchestration with EOU, STU, CSU and OCP teams, to ensure 'One Microsoft' execution with customers, to ensure 'One Microsoft' execution with customers
- Meet or exceed revenue & core priority targets, executing in accordance with prescribed Microsoft methods, processes and tools
Key Experience, Skills, Knowledge & Education Required:
- Proven sales success and expertise leading sales organizations, selling and delivering complex solutions to enterprise customers, with track record of consistently meeting or exceeding sales targets
- Industry knowledge with experience in one or more sectors and industries including Public Sector (Utilities), Energy, Telecommunications or Manufacturing
- Experience negotiating VOR / MSA Agreements within highly regulated industries and/or Public Sector
- Management experience of coaching and developing high-performing sales individuals
- Experienced in complex sales and marketing methods and processes, negotiation and financial analysis
- Sales and business background, with 10+ years of technology-related experience: senior sales leadership roles, managing high performing sales teams, leadership roles in multi-tiered large organizations
- Bachelor's degree with exposure to Information Technology (or equivalent).
- Bilingual (French / English)
- Knowledge and background around strategic Cloud solution selling.
- Strategic Sales Leader - Ability to: Lead area Sales Strategy, effectively translating corporate strategies into area Sales Strategy & locally appropriate plans; & ability to Influence Stakeholders & Decision across the organization to ensure alignment with area sales plans
- Market Maker - Ability to: Anticipate market changes to drive new, industry-relevant customer solutions - connecting market & technology trends to business disruption & articulating to customers in a compelling way; Generate Customer Trust, being a credible technology & business advisor that customer executives want to partner with & coaching them to realize their business objectives; & ability to Role-model digital conversations, to inspire, influence & engage Customer decision-makers.
- People Leader - Ability to: Attract top talent & build a team which is diverse, high-performing & sustainable; Role-model Leadership Principles & Practices to create clarity, generate energy & deliver success; Coach team members to embrace a Growth Mindset, driving continuous capability development; & ability to role model corporate values to deliver exceptional results
- Driver of Excellence in Execution - Ability to: Drive sales discipline and accountability, ensuring excellence in account & territory planning, pipeline management, forecasting & close planning; Drive excellence in intentional execution, ensuring area goals & targets are achieved or exceeded through execution of prioritized Sales Plays; & ability to Inspire, challenge & develop team members, consistently coaching & role-modelling in line with recognized practices?.
Considering a Career with Microsoft Canada? At Microsoft Canada, people are the source of our energy. The people at Microsoft Canada are creative, from all types of backgrounds, bringing passion and new ideas, meeting challenges, and realizing their potential. Our benefits and resources are designed to keep our most important asset - our employees - healthy, happy and equipped with the resources they need to be successful and realize their full potential. Microsoft Canada provides a flexible work environment, with career advancement potential and most importantly, the opportunity to make a difference.
As a Microsoft employee you have the opportunity to participate in the following programs:
- Stock Awards & Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Registered Retirement Savings Plan
- Employee Software Purchase Program
- Fitness Membership & Subsidy
- I Volunteer (5 Paid Volunteer Days)
- Employee Assistance Program And so much more...
At Microsoft, we share a passion for technology, customers and our partners. We aspire to be more than just a good company- we aspire to be a great company. What will make us great is our commitment to our mission of enabling people and businesses throughout the world to realize their full potential. Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer and supports workforce diversity.
Microsoft is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities up to the point of undue hardship during the recruitment, assessment and selection process. Please notify Microsoft if you require accommodation in respect of the materials or procedures used at any time during this process. If you require accommodation Microsoft will work with you to determine how to meet your