Canadian Bank Note Company is a global leader in the development of customized solutions for identification, border security, excise control, currency, and lottery operations. Our customers are domestic and foreign governments, and together we work to design, launch and support the technologically advanced secure documents and information systems that protect borders, safeguard national currencies, and generate revenue for government social initiatives.
What's In It For You?
This position is ideal for a proven business development professional with a track record of building productive and trust-based relationships with government customers. The focus will be on further developing existing and new business with North American provincial and state governments, delivering solutions that protect identify and deter fraud in an ever-evolving landscape of security threats.
You will assume a leadership role within the Business Development group as you manage and mentor Account Managers and Account Associates, growing their capabilities and guiding them towards future success in a business development capacity.
What Will You Do?
As Director Business Development you'll occupy a high-profile, strategic position and assume overall responsibility for maintaining/growing existing accounts, securing new customers, and meeting revenue and gross profit targets. Responsibilities include:
- Establishing a plan for a complete range of business development activities within an assigned set of territories.
- Prioritizing and developing strategies to pursue the established plan.
- Managing all phases of the development/sales life cycle from developing the demand, through to closing new business.
- Identify and introducing key decision makers in target Governments to our products and services.
- Developing and maintaining relationships with decision makers with target Governments.
- Leading clients through a consultative business development/sales process.
- Establishing and building relationships with the company's existing customer base, identifying new opportunities and working to grow our share of the customers' business.
- Maintaining business development plans and preparing monthly updates on order timing and revenues, adapting plans when necessary to ensure targets are met.
- Participating in strategic planning, business development and marketing activities.
- Effectively leading virtual teams drawn from other departments in order to prepare proposals and direct the complete range of pre-sales activities for potential customers.
- Managing customer relationships during project implementations and throughout the maintenance and support period in collaboration with Service Delivery teams.
- Becoming fully knowledgeable on the complete range of CBN products and services. Keeping abreast of new developments and technology.
- Manage assigned Business Development team members (Account Managers and Account Associates) and foster their development in complex solution selling, business relationship building and effective customer management.
What Will Help You Succeed?
Our ideal candidate has an extensive background (10+ years) in enterprise level software/systems solution sales or business to government sales, in a customer centric environment. They will welcome travel and the face-to-face relationship building opportunities that it affords. Experience in secure identity solutions and/or security documents is an asset, but not required.
Additional attributes that will position you for success are:
- A degree in Business, Engineering, or Computer Science (or related field).
- Experience in B2G sales - complex pursuits, RFI/RFPs, lengthy sales cycles, compliance, etc.
- Exceptional listening, leadership and relationship building skills.
- Excellent communication/presentation skills.
- Proven decision-making skills.
- ?Win-win? negotiation and arbitration skills.
- Self-motivated, collaborative, and well-organized.
- Fluency in English (bilingualism in French is an asset).
- Ability to obtain and maintain Government of Canada Secret (Level II) clearance.
- Ability to travel extensively throughout North America.
People who enjoy variety and think beyond their job descriptions succeed here. As part of the team at CBN, your job is to take your career in new directions and be part of our customer's success stories. So, if you're looking for the chance to work for a global technology company, explore new opportunities, and deliver exceptional work to your customers, we want to hear from you!
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Canadian Bank Note Company, Limited is committed to achieving a skilled and diversified workforce that reflects the diversity of the Canadian population. We encourage applications from women, visible minorities, people with disabilities and Aboriginal people. Canadian Bank Note Company Limited is committed to developing inclusive, barrier-free selection processes and work environments. If contacted regarding this competition, please advise the interview coordinator of any accommodation measures you may require.