Our Values, Our Passion
At HomeEquity Bank, our values drive and inspire our actions with our customers, our partners and each other.
We Are Customer-Focused, Passionate Advocates.
We Have the Courage to Act and Do the Right Thing.
We Are One Team, with One Vision.
We Think Long-Term, We Are Ever-Evolving.
We Strive to Be Exceptional and Inspire Greatness.
The role of a Business Development Manager is to develop business relationships with our referral partners and work closely with their clients. Your performance will be measured against quarterly and annual quotas and rewarded with a competitive base salary, a highly competitive commission and annual bonus program as well as a car allowance, benefits program and fully-equipped home office.
MAJOR ELEMENTS OF THE ROLE:
- Responsible for delivering established sales targets and active territory management
- Generate revenue and achieve individual, team and organizational quotas, while also contributing to sales strategy by defining and implementing plans to achieve sales objectives
- Close sales by effectively managing the sales process from first contact to funding while managing the involvement of third-party participants in your specialized market
- Disciplined, innovative, organized and driven to grow a market through calls, emails, and webinars
- Develop and maintain referral-producing relationships with established corporate partners through frequent virtual Product Awareness Presentations and regular branch/site meetings as needed
- Ongoing development of product knowledge, sales skills and sales/relationship management technique
- Managing relationships in the territory via Sales force
- Responsible for providing sound activity management reports
- Create, develop and customize approved sales program to ensure that the company's products are effectively represented throughout the assigned territory
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Minimum of 8 years of financial services sales experience
- Post-secondary education or equivalent is preferred
- Applicants with experience in business development, territory management, credit or mortgage brokering experience are preferred
The Keys to Your Success will include:
- Strong understanding of the current financial services environment
- A passion for relationship building and business development
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills
- Natural leadership qualities
- Team player and internally motivated to be the best
- A track record of overachieving quota
- A self-motivator with a desire to be a top earner in a performance-based compensation model
Working Conditions Unique to Job:
- Standard office environment
WHY WORK AT HOMEEQUITY BANK?
HomeEquity Bank offers a hybrid working environment supported with a culture of flexibility - an approach that is unique to each person, and that enables both business and individual needs to be met in a mutually beneficial way.
We pride ourselves in recognizing and celebrating performance, community service, teamwork, and diversity among our employees.
A Dynamic Culture - With People at the Centre
We believe our people make all the difference, and our tireless commitment to inclusivity, professional development, and employee engagement/experience has been recognized through awards including the Globe and Mail's Report on Business: Canada's Top Growing Companies 2021 (2 years in a row), Strategy Online Top 10 Brands Awards (at #8) and as a Canadian Mortgage Professional (CMP) 5-Star Mortgage Employer 2022.
Growth and Opportunities
We provide challenging and rewarding careers in a wide variety of fields. We continuously develop and train our employees through professional growth opportunities and on-the-job training. We also encourage our employees to develop professionally and personally though a series of career developing programs including our Educational Assistance Program, designed to reimburse costs related to professional learning and development, as well as providing employees unlimited access to LinkedIn Learning.
Celebrating Great Work and People
We believe in an environment that celebrates success, knowledge, leadership, and work that is inspired by our core values. For these reasons, we have created several programs that make it easy for our employees to say ?great job' to their colleagues and leaders.
From our Appreciate! Program to the High Five Award Program and President's Award Program, we recognize professional achievement with a variety of rewards including points towards gift cards, merchandise, and travel experiences, as well as group RRSP/DPSP contributions and more.
Our Community Leadership Program also recognizes employees who make a positive impact in their communities through volunteer work with a grant for their charity of choice. Additionally, we provide employees with the opportunity to take a paid day off each year to support their favourite local charity.
HomeEquity Bank offers a competitive total rewards package that includes the following:
- Extended health and dental benefits
- Employee & Family Assistance Program
- Employer Matched Group Retirement Savings Plan
- Employee Share Ownership Plan
- Well-being initiatives including: a wellness account; virtual self-care programs and extended mental health benefits
- Employee corporate discount for GoodLife Fitness
Stay in the Know
Find out what we're up to online, and learn more about what makes HomeEquity Bank a great place to work: