As a Senior Graphic Designer / Production Specialist, you will have a dual role working at the design center and production table until the center has grown to the point of hiring additional staff and separating the roles.
At the design center, you will be responsible for creating computer generated vinyl and/or full color graphics output that can be weeded, cut, and applied or printed and mounted to a substrate. At the production table, you will be responsible for all aspects of the physical construction and assembling of signs from computer cut vinyl and wide format full color printouts, which includes proofreading and conducting quality assurance to ensure the accuracy of signs. The ideal candidate is a creative, self-motivated team player who can work in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment and who is determined to make every project his or her absolute best.
- Prioritizes each day to efficiently and cost-effectively schedule the workflow
- Inspects jobs for accuracy before sending them to the plotter or printer
- Maintains all equipment including computers, plotters, and printers (water-soluble printers, thermal transfer printers, solvent ink printers, etc.)
- Prepares substrates for application
- Performs finishing operations such as laminating, encapsulating, and/or mounting of printed pieces
- Installs signs when necessary
- Works on different projects simultaneously
- Establishes and maintains effective team relationships with all support departments
- Follows all company policies, procedures, and business ethics codes
- Creates proofs and sends to customers using the online proofing system
- Helps unload raw materials and cleans and maintains storage areas
- Loads materials on/into printer and/or laminator, which may require some heavy lifting
- Performs routine machine maintenance and minor repairs when necessary
- Prepares comprehensive illustrations, sketches, layouts, and copy for print reproduction according to instructions of client or supervisor
- 3+ years experience in sign production
- Previous experience as a graphic designer, sign-related computer operator, or in desktop publishing required, including an advanced level of experience using Adobe applications
- Strong communication skills
- Basic math skills (adding, subtracting, multiplying, and dividing whole numbers and fractions and converting fractions to decimals and vice versa)
- Able to work well under pressure to output high volume, high quality work
- Must have the flexibility to lean over a waist-high table and use back forth hand motions to apply vinyl letters and graphics to a substrate
- Able to use light power equipment
- Strong proof-reading skills, including spelling and grammar
- Able to work effectively in a team environment
- Detail oriented, organized, and able to multi-task
- Prompt, reliable, and responsible
- Previous experience as a graphic designer or in desktop publishing required, including an advanced level of experience using Adobe applications
FASTSIGNS® is a signage, graphics and visual communications partner that provides comprehensive solutions to help customers of all sizes--across all industries--meet their business objectives and increase their business visibility through the use of signs, graphics, printing, promotional products and related marketing services.
With more than 750 centers in nine countries, our centers consulting, design, production, project management, delivery and installation. Centers are independently owned and operated. FASTSIGNS operates in the United States (including Puerto Rico), the United Kingdom, Canada, Chile, Grand Cayman, the UAE, Malta, France and Australia (who operate under the name SIGNWAVE®).
This franchise is independently owned and operated by a franchisee. Your application will go directly to the franchisee, and all hiring decisions will be made by the management of this franchisee. All inquiries about employment at this franchisee should be made directly to the franchise location, and not to FASTSIGNS Corporate.