- Partner with the corporate Brand Marketing team to develop and implement the Canada marketing strategy while ensuring alignment on overall company marketing goals and initiatives.
- Partner with Brand Marketing team supporting Canada to ensure all sales are communicated to Canada leadership team in a timely manner and help to solve Canada nuances as needed
- Partner with CSR and Canada PR team to drive CSR initiatives and activations.
- Partner closely with US events team to leverage resources as applicable
- Develop Canadian event strategies that drive profitable sales through customer acquisition, activation, retention and engagement by delivering: (1) the Nordstrom story through compelling and immersive experiences highlighting our strategic pillars and (2) persistent events primarily focused on product and support always-on business goals and priorities.
- Manage all aspects of event marketing in Canada including execution of corporate strategy/concepts and Canada-specific concept development, overseeing operational logistics and event production, vendor management, coordination with internal partners, creating briefing materials (including toolkit, fact sheet and budget), timelines, tracking event ROI and budget management.
- Manage complex events with multiple stakeholders (internal and external) with the ability to manage and effectively communicate up and down pyramid.
- Establish and maintain strong partnerships with a variety of vendors across Canada with an emphasis on Toronto and Vancouver
- Work closely with external vendors including agencies to ensure cost efficiencies and maintain a consistent brand image in all messaging and activities.
- Partner closely with Canada PR team on media and influencer events across Canada
- Maintain an understanding of the competitive landscape through researching and attending as many outside events as possible - physical, virtual and hybrid.
- Provide on-going coaching to store leadership on Nordstrom brand standards, enabling them to execute turn-key store events and local pop-up shops.
- Identify and establish meaningful community relationships and partnerships across Canada with an emphasis on key markets like Toronto and Vancouver
- Ensure the development, implementation and ongoing management of organic social media programs in Canada
- Support JWN social media team as needed for paid social media plans (quarterly)
- Partner with social specialist to ensure events are covered on organic channels where relevant
- Serve as the resident point of contact for Nordstrom Canada social across internal groups including: Marketing, PR, Care, Events, and Store teams
- Monitor all Canada social platforms daily to ensure content is relevant in Canada
- Own Scoping for Nordstrom Canada social content (not Rack), working in tandem with Brand Social on planning process
- Oversee monthly reporting (Brand Social can help build recap but V would be versed to share with relevant stakeholders)
- Help build and scale a nimble Nordstrom Canada content program to help us achieve our brand engagement goals and deliver on the Canada business strategy - this may include managing direct relationships with internal and external content creators, or via agency, working with marketing to develop briefs, facilitate casting and contracting, and ultimately ensuring final content is on brand
- Identify trends and Canada-specific storytelling opportunities and proactively communicating actionable insights to internal stakeholders (i.e. Creative)
- Occasionally support scheduling/publishing content, though this will primarily be owned by Brand Social team
We've got you covered...
Our employees are our most important asset and that's reflected in our benefits. Nordstrom is proud to offer a variety of benefits to support employees and their families, including:
- Medical/Vision, Dental, Retirement and Paid Time Away
- Life Insurance and Disability
- Merchandise Discount and EAP Resources
A few more important points...
The job posting highlights the most critical responsibilities and requirements of the job. It's not all-inclusive. There may be additional duties, responsibilities and qualifications for this job.
Nordstrom will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with all legal requirements.
Applicants with disabilities who require assistance or accommodation should contact the nearest Nordstrom location, which can be identified at www.nordstrom.com.
Current Nordstrom employees: To apply, log into Workday, click the Careers button and then click Find