The Data and AI team acts as trusted advisors and Analytics, Data & AI subject matter experts with core capabilities and expertise in Data Modernization, Analytics and AI. We work with customers to leverage data to help them achieve their business priorities and help guide a customer's journey through Analytics-led Azure Data transformation. We also support customers in evaluating their applications and business requirements, recommend solutions that meet their requirements, and demonstrate these solutions to win the technical decision.
As a Data & AI Specialist you will be a solution sales expert within our enterprise sales organization working with our most important customers. You will collaborate with a team of technical, partner, and consulting resources to advance the sales process and exceed quarterly Data & AI revenue targets in your assigned accounts.
Key Areas of Responsibility
Sales Execution - Engages in conversation with customers aligned to their industry and collaborates with account and partner teams to drive and qualify new opportunities and build pipeline. Identifies customer business and technology readiness, proactively builds external stakeholders' mapping, implements strategies to accelerate the closing of deals, contributes input on strategies to drive and close prioritized opportunities, coaches junior team members in deal plan execution, and implements close plans.
Scaling and Collaboration - Collaborates with Global Partner Solutions (GPS), identifies new partners, develops joint proposals with partners, and contributes to developing partner strategies. Applies role orchestration model and navigates the Microsoft organization to bring the best impact to the customer.
Technical Expertise - Leads conversations and sets up events within Microsoft, mentors others and develops strategies for best practice sharing, initiates conversations with prospective customers/partners at events, acts as a subject matter expert in one or more solution area(s). Collaborates with the 'compete' global black belts team (GBB) to analyze competitor products, solutions, and/or services and implement strategies.
Delivers Results Through Teamwork - Drives the execution of projects, partners and collaborates with other teams on related deliverables, and leverages others in relevant work streams.
Role Model Microsoft Values - Treats others with fairness, respect, empathy, and compassion. Models compliance and represents the Microsoft Values and the One Microsoft culture.
Experiences Required: Education, Key Experiences, Skills and Knowledge:
- Experience. 5-7 years' of sales, consulting or account management experience selling business solutions to large/global enterprise customers with a focus on data platform and Analytics & AI technologies OR
- Bacherlor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Business Administration, or related field, AND 4+ years of Data and AI technology-related sales, consulting or account management experience required
Additional Or Preferred Qualifications And Experience
- Prior work experience in a Consulting/Solutions Sales position working with solutions that include Data Warehouse, Hadoop, Spark, Data Lake, SQL solutions preferred. MySQL, PostreSQL, NoSQL, Machine Learning experience desired
- Industry experience: Healthcare, Telco or Oil & Gas industry would be an asset and preferred.
- Account Management. Effective territory/account management: planning, opportunity qualification and creation, stakeholder and executive communication, needs analysis, value engineering, services/partner engagement, opportunity management, pipeline management, large dollar licensing and deal negotiation required
- Executive Presence. Experience and expertise selling to senior business decision makers by aligning & reinforcing the value of the solution to the customer's overall business pain and/or strategic opportunities and decision criteria required.
- Problem Solver. Ability to solve customer problems through cloud technologies required
- Collaborative. Orchestrate and influence virtual teams to pursue sales opportunities and lead v-teams through influence required.
- Data & AI Platform. Understanding of Microsoft Azure Data & AI products. The position requires the ability to articulate and demonstrate the business value of Microsoft's solutions and have a firm understanding of Microsoft's strategies and products relative to major Microsoft competitors required
- Expertise in one or more technologies like Teradata, Oracle Exadata, IBM Netezza, SAP (HANA, BW), HDInsight, Hadoop, Cloudera/Hortonworks, Apache Spark, Snowflake, MapR, AWS (Redshift, Glue), Google (BigQuery) preferred
- Leadership. Experience leading large cloud engagements especially those involving Strategic Analytics & AI solutions, Data Platform modernization and migration and related required
- Competitive Landscape. Knowledge of enterprise software solutions and platform competitor landscape required
- Partners. Understanding of partner ecosystems and the ability to leverage partner solutions to solve customer needs.
- Certifications. Azure Data Engineer or Azure AI Engineer required - can be obtained when joining Microsoft
Bachelor's Degree Required, MBA Preferred, Or Equivalent Experience.
Considering a Career with Microsoft Canada? At Microsoft Canada, people are the source of our energy. The people at Microsoft Canada are creative, from all types of backgrounds, bringing passion and new ideas, meeting challenges, and realizing their potential. Our benefits and resources are designed to keep our most important asset - our employees - healthy, happy and equipped with the resources they need to be successful and realize their full potential. Microsoft Canada provides a flexible work environment, with career advancement potential and most importantly, the opportunity to make a difference.
As a Microsoft employee you have the opportunity to participate in the following programs:
- Stock Awards & Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Registered Retirement Savings Plan
- Employee Software Purchase Program
- Fitness Membership & Subsidy
- I Volunteer (5 Paid Volunteer Days)
- Employee Assistance Program And so much more...
At Microsoft, we share a passion for technology, customers and our partners. We aspire to be more than just a good company- we aspire to be a great company. What will make us great is our commitment to our mission of enabling people and businesses throughout the world to realize their full potential. Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer and supports workforce diversity.
Microsoft is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities up to the point of undue hardship during the recruitment, assessment and selection process. Please notify Microsoft if you require accommodation in respect of the materials or procedures used at any time during this process. If you require accommodation Microsoft will work with you to determine how to meet your