We acknowledge that Bench headquarters in Vancouver is located on the traditional, ancestral, and unceded territory of the Coast Salish Peoples, including the territories of the x?m??kw?y??m (Musqueam), Skwxwú7mesh (Squamish), and S?l?ílw?ta?/Selilwitulh (Tsleil-Waututh) Nations.
Entrepreneurship is hard. Clients, employees and suppliers vie for a business owner's attention, and cash comes into and out of a business at a dizzying rate. And to make matters worse, layers of confusing tax laws threaten the overpayment or underpayment of taxes. This current state has the effect of making entrepreneurship less accessible.
At Bench, our mission is to help every business owner thrive, by providing financial insight and peace of mind in one seamless platform. We are doing this by delivering disruptively affordable and simple accounting services for small businesses in the US - where 80% of business owners today either do not do any bookkeeping; or, struggle to do it themselves.
With 12,000 clients, Bench has created a brand and service that is truly unique in the market, matching exceptional customer service with efficiency and scalability.
And we're accelerating. We raised our Series C in 2021, participated by Shopify and Sage. We're now hitting our fastest-ever rate of product innovation. And we are now looking to add a world-class SaaS Marketing Leader to our team, to help reach the over 30 million US small business owners who could be helped by our platform.
What does the Marketing team look like:
At Bench we are aiming big - to bring our platform to millions of small business owners. And the scale of our funnel today reflects this - we attract over 5 million visitors to our blog annually, and our team generates thousands of leads for our inbound sales team each month.
You will lead a team of over 20 committed Benchmates across 3 teams - Content and Brand, Growth, and Product Marketing. The funnel today is dominated by our high performing Paid and Content programs, and our future growth is increasingly coming through embedded partnerships and product expansions.
What you'll get up to:
- Take responsibility for overall marketing results at Bench
- Define our Marketing Strategy with your senior team, and work with our CRO, our Executive and GTM Leadership Teams, to define our GTM Strategy for Bench. In doing so, ensure we are prioritizing the right investments in product, channels, segments, and capabilities
- Develop the systems for exceptional marketing execution across multiple teams, channels, segments, tactics, and experiments. Oversee the team's planning and reporting infrastructure, and ensure we analyze, communicate, and adapt to information as it arises
- Improve upon the systems to develop and coach your team, get them stoked about our strategy, drive high employee engagement, and get the best out of each person
- Work closely with our Inbound and Outbound Sales team to optimize conversion; measuring all activities down to client-generation outcomes
- Work closely with our Partnership and Product teams to ensure we are building the right things for our funnel, and to develop and execute unified go-to-market plans for all new Product and Partner launches
- Lead and coach our senior marketing leaders and managers, empowering them in turn to build, coach and grow world-class teams
- Be a strong leader and advocate in our approach to have an inclusive and diverse Bench
What you'll need:
- Proven B2B and B2C experience as a VP+ of Marketing, Growth, Demand Gen, or equivalent role in an innovative, fast-paced tech, SaaS or fintech company
- Proven track record of experience with all facets of a marketing organization, from growth and lifecycle management to the many dimensions of brand and creative content, including influencer marketing
- Track record of attracting, inspiring, and developing exceptional talent, and of creating collaborative and highly engaged teams
- Set a tone of urgent, results-orientation
- Ability to think strategically while ensuring executional excellence
- An activated curiosity and openness to being a servant and inclusive leader, and helping make access to successful business ownership more equitable. .
- Ability to recognize and take action by addressing inequity where it arises, collaborating with staff purposefully to build strong equity-focused processes, advocating for practices that bring equity to work and working environments, and continuously growing your knowledge about anti-oppressive frameworks.
It will be an even better fit if you have:
- Experience marketing to micro SMB
- Experience working with an inbound, short-cycle sales team
- Experience supporting Partnership Launches
- Experience shaping Product Strategy, and supporting on Product Launches
- Experience scaling businesses to $100M+ in ARR
What you'll get:
- At Bench, we have a principle of being default-open - including a policy of Salary Transparency. On target earnings for this role is $260,560-$325,700, inclusive of the target variable pay
- You will be granted stock options which help you share in our team's success
- We offer an extended benefits package that includes paid vacation, unlimited paid flex days, and full health, dental, and vision. You'll also get unlimited access to Bravely, our confidential, on-demand, 1:1 professional coaching service, and Inkblot Therapy, our virtual counselling service to support mental wellbeing
- We have a number of Affinity Groups - groups of people who have shared identities and experiences. The purpose of these groups is to support underrepresented Benchmates and amplify their voices.
- Bench is now a remote-first organization. You will get funds to help set up your home office, and access to WeWork to connect with your teams and the leadership colleagues
We believe that unchecked biases disproportionately impact the most marginalized people in society-including but not limited to BIPOC, LGBTQ2S+ people, immigrants, and people with disabilities. We strongly encourage applications from people with these identities or other marginalized communities because we believe that without you, we are all less. At Bench, we don't stand for tokenism. We stand for