- An opportunity to join an innovative organization that is a leader in North America
- Receive a highly competitive annual salary of $50,000 - $60,000 based on skills and experience
- Enjoy working in a collaborative close-knit team environment
About Westmill Industries Ltd.
Westmill Industries Ltd (Westmill) is a family owned company that was founded in 1975. Westmill specializes in manufacturing Veneer Drying Systems. Westmill is an award-winning supplier that specializes in providing clients innovative and customized solutions. They are the primary dryer parts supplier and dryer rebuilder in North America. They also supply new longitudinal dryers and jet dryer systems, as well as offering Consulting and Engineering Services. They are a close-knit team that provides an easy-going and relaxed work environment and modern facilities.
For more information, please visit our website.
About The Opportunity
Currently, Westmill is looking for a full-time Marketing Specialist to join their team in Abbotsford, British Columbia.
The Marketing Specialist will be directly responsible for the creation and placement of external and internal marketing collateral for all of Westmill's products and services. The three key services they will be responsible for are New Equipment, Rebuilding Equipment, and Spare Parts. They will also be responsible for closely liaising with the Sales, Engineering, and company owners to create and launch new products and help drive success.
The Marketing Specialist will have to become intimately familiar with the industry, including our competition and our customers, and create industry-leading marketing material.
Your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Scheduling, planning, and executing industry conference events and communicating attendance at these events on the corporate calendar, and directly to customers
- Creating new, updating existing, and maintaining sales & marketing brochures
- Working with contracted IT professionals, maintaining and updating the organization's website and all other social media platforms
- Helping develop web-based, print, and in-person computer presentations on various platforms, with input from sales and engineering dept
- Keeping abreast of industry-specific trade shows, and coordinating with management on the attendance and exhibition at these shows
- Helping to further develop the Westmill Brand, ensuring the name WESTMILL becomes synonymous with the Quality Equipment that we design for the veneer and board drying industry
- Developing advertising campaigns through various platforms including print, digital marketing, and social media
As the sole marketer in the Westmill, the Marketing Specialists will be required to create marketing collateral and programs from scratch, as well as update and modernization existing materials.
More About You
To qualify, you must have 3+ year experience in marketing and design, and have completed a post-secondary education in marketing. Candidates with relevant experience, but no formal education, will also be considered.
You must also have the following skills and experiences:
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities/projects, meet deadlines, and facilitate change
- Strong problem-solving skills with demonstrated ability to find solutions
- Must be able to travel throughout North America and Internationally
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, website updating software and tools (ie. Wordpress, HTML, CSS), and Adobe Creative Suite
You must be a jack of all trades that know both how to develop and find and explore new markets, and use your creative skills to design and update marketing collateral and Westmill's online presence.
As a valued member of the team, you will be rewarded with a $50,000 - $60,000 annual salary, evaluated on skills and experience, along with benefits including:
- Lunch and Learns with suppliers 2 to 3 times a month
- Regular training sessions
- Full medical package, including health, dental, and vision coverage
- Monthly socials, including a summer barbecue
- Discretion-based annual profit sharing bonus
If this sounds like you, then we want to hear from you - Apply now!