- Creating email briefs for multiple email campaigns (over 150 per quarter) in a number of different countries
- Preparing briefs and providing creative direction for independent projects, on occasion
- Supporting Content Sales Leads in email-related needs (pulling product IDs, swapping titles, etc.)
- Approving emails
- Providing recaps for the team to stay on top of company news
- Project managing larger marketing initiatives (Best of Year as an example) or new projects requiring oversight
- Coding and scheduling content to support Corporate Orders redemption experience
- Copywriting for certain content spotlights in North America
- Managing/overseeing Content Sales Asana Board
- Attention to detail and outstanding organizational skills. You will be managing a consistent pace of deadlines that impact a variety of stakeholders.
- Ability to collaborate virtually and work through tasks independently while adhering to strict deadlines.
- Introductory knowledge of or interest in coding. The role requires a small but steady amount of coding to support our Corporate Orders program. You will receive proper training to support these tasks, so don't let a lack of experience deter you from applying.
- A helpful spirit. Our Content Sales Specialist is at the centre of many cross-functional projects and is also a support system for the team. We are looking for someone who works well on a team and isn't afraid to push back when necessary.
- A curious mind and a passion for reading.
Nice To Haves
- Bookselling experience - if you have worked for your local bookseller before (or even were an avid customer!) we'd love to hear from you.
- Familiarity with publishing schedules and trends. If you keep an eye on local bestsellers or once dreamed of working at a publishing house, this opportunity may be of interest to you.
- Fluency in a second language. Not a deal breaker but it would be a bonus in the role.
- Knowledge of and experience with online software Tableau or Knack or project management software Asana.
- Flexible and remote work environment
- Free Kobo device
- free weekly eBook or audiobook
- Weekly trivia happy hours (Thirsty Thursdays, as we like to call it!)
- Mentorship and many other learning and development opportunities
About Rakuten Kobo Inc.
Owned by Tokyo-based Rakuten and headquartered in Toronto, Rakuten Kobo Inc. is one of the most advanced global ecommerce companies, with the world's most innovative eReading services offering more than 6 million eBooks and audiobooks to 30 million
- customers in 190 countries. Kobo delivers the best digital reading experience through creative innovation, award-winning eReaders, and top-ranking mobile apps. Kobo is a part of the Rakuten group of companies.
Kobo is an equal opportunity employer. Accessibility accommodations for candidates with disabilities participating in the selection process are available on request. Any information received related to accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.
Kobo would like to thank all applicants for their interest in this role however only qualified candidates will be shortlisted.