WP Osborne Executive Search is partnered with Starlight Investments in a search for a Senior Project Manager, Renovation.
Starlight Investments is a privately held Toronto-based, full service, multi-family and commercial real estate investment and asset management company driven by an experienced team of 350 professionals. The company currently manages over $25 billion of direct real estate as well as real estate investment securities. Investment vehicles include institutional joint ventures, True North Commercial REIT, Starlight U.S. Multi-Family Funds, Starlight Western Canada Multi-Family Funds, Northview Fund and Starlight Capital Funds. Starlight Investment's portfolio consists of approximately 73,000 multi-residential units across Canada and the U.S. and over 9.0 million square feet of commercial properties. For more information, visit www.starlightinvest.com
Senior Project Manager, Renovation
As a member of the Project Management team, the Senior Project Manager will be responsible for the successful execution of assigned projects for multi-residential properties in Canada through collaborative efforts with owners, clients, tenants, property management, architects, consultants, contractors, governmental authorities, etc. The Senior Project Manager will manage the budget, schedule, procurement, quality and risk of assigned projects and also oversee all facets of project management including, but not limited to, planning, design, construction, occupancy and closeout.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Define project requirements including, but not limited to, scope of work, delivery requirements, cost budgets, work schedule, milestones, priorities, quality control, risks and limitations with the Asset Management group and Stakeholders;
- Identify project risks, feasibility reviews, propose and implement risk mitigation and contingency plans;
- Ensure compliance with processes and conducts for project qualification;
- Ensure and review engineering and design resources/deliverables are available and capable of meeting objectives and requirements of Stakeholders;
- Complete pre-construction walk-throughs with contractors;
- Complete tendering process and analysis to provide recommendation to management including sourcing, negotiating and awarding of contracts.
- Oversee and lead project delivery providing project guidance and direction to achieve project goals;
- Ensure compliance with company governance, procedures, policies, criteria and practices;
- Coordinate and ensure achieving project milestones and schedules;
- Implement and issue change requests and various recommendations determined with thorough assessment of impact to project. Secure required approvals;
- Maintain and facilitate routine communications, meetings and written reports/minutes to ensure project stakeholders are well informed and project goal is achieved;
- Ensure project data and documentation is accurate, timely and coordinated.
- Collect all project related documents and provide direction to project coordinator for internal project system input;
- Update project status, provide progress photos and create reports on a weekly and monthly basis;
- Review and approve invoices;
- Recommend, write, read, understand and apply, as needed, documents affecting projects, including but not limited to, agreements/contracts, leases, work letters, project charters, surveys and drawings.
- Track progress of each project against goals, objectives, approved budgets, approved timelines;
- Reforecast budgets and timelines as required;
- Report to management the project status, issues, resolutions and variances;
- Create action plans to meet objectives, budget and schedule;
- Perform regular documented reviews, maintain weekly progress reports and issue updates to Stakeholders, as applicable;
- Continuously improve cost reduction initiatives;
- Conduct deficiency/sign-off meetings and creates a detailed deficiency report for the contractor to resolve.
The successful candidate will possess a university degree and/or PMP designation with a minimum of 5 years project or construction management experience working with commercial or residential real estate projects; thorough understanding and experience in EPCM project style and implementation; knowledge of building systems with experience in space conversion projects; well-developed analytical, communication and problem-solving skills with the ability to think strategically to resolve issues.
Frequent travel to various sites across Vancouver is a requirement of the position.
Qualified candidates can submit their resume via Isarta noting ?#1254 - Senior Project Manager - Real Estate? in the subject line. In accordance with the company's mandatory vaccination policy, only qualified applicants who have been fully vaccinated, or who are unable to vaccinate due to valid medical or religious reasons will be considered for an interview.