What we're looking for:
A skilled, results-driven Social Media and Digital Strategist whose proven smarts, passion and curiosity make them committed to helping our clients understand and successfully navigate the ever-changing world of digital and social media. As the Social Media and Digital Strategist, you will be the subject matter expert who will both lead and consult on all social (paid
- organic) & digital projects. You will also be tasked with developing, implementing and reporting on planned and new social & digital strategies.
In addition, you will be responsible to mine for insights in order to identify consumer trends, attitudes and behaviours as well as leverage that knowledge to provide a business-relevant perspective on communication challenges, the overall state of the market and competitive factors. Identifying and prioritizing opportunities, and helping to frame the overarching story of a project, most often in a creative brief, is also crucial to this role, as is working with creatives and technologists as a core member of a multi-disciplinary engagement team. Ultimately, the job of the Social Media and Digital Strategist is to identify insights and strategies that will inspire creative solutions that help grow our client's businesses.
Ideal candidates for this position should be innovative and have an entrepreneurial mindset. They should be confident in providing strategic leadership to effectively improve our clients social and digital presence. In this position, you will work closely with clients, building relationships and fostering an environment of partnership so they see you as an extension of their team, someone they can reach out to and lean on when needed.
- Lead the development, implementation and management of effective social media and digital strategies, that align to broader brand strategies, for client campaigns as well as always-on activity.
- Partner with internal teams to distill insights, and build comprehensive strategies that include campaign ecosystems, customer journeys, mapping messaging and KPIs.
- Review and audit established plans to help understand the gaps and opportunities in a multi-channel marketing ecosystem.
- Lead the development of creative briefs (campaign based and/or always-on) that will inspire the creative teams with relevant & up to date trends and platform capabilities.
- Manage social media and digital marketing projects (including ongoing content calendars) to help build brand experiences, connected across the user and customer journey for a portfolio of clients, in collaboration with the accounts and creative teams.
- Oversee and guide a community manager to ensure flawless execution of always-on organic social strategies and day-to-day activity related to managing clients social accounts.
- Identify, gather, and analyze information from a variety of data sets to understand consumer behaviour and market trends.
- Lead ongoing analysis that measures efficiency and effectiveness of digital channels, with an emphasis on identifying new opportunities and areas for improvement.
- Stay up to date with latest social media & digital best practices and technologies
- Work collaboratively with other agency teams in providing consulting (agency
- client) when crafting channel-specific recommendations (e.g., best practices, emerging trends).
- Be a trusted advisor to our clients, partners and vendors, developing positive relationships that reflect true partnership in achieving the objectives of the client's business.
- Help develop intelligent, innovative and effective ideas and process improvements for your clients.
- Proven work experience or ability to succeed as a social media and digital strategist
- Excellent knowledge of Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest, Instagram and TikTok from both a paid and organic perspective
- Experience with audience and buyer persona research and an ability to identify audience preferences and design strategies to meet them
- Experience placing paid social media ads, monitoring success and making timely suggestions to best manage the client's budget to deliver results
- Good understanding of channel specific KPIs
- Understanding of social media contest best practices and rules/regs is beneficial
- A creative thinker and problem-solver who is passionate about ideas that will drive results.
- An ability to analyze data, uncover key insights and deliver meaningful reports to both internal teams and clients alike
- Excellent multitasking skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skill
We love people who are curious, ask questions, like to share knowledge and collaborate. If that sounds like you we'd love to talk! Please send your resume.
- Departures is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Accommodations can be made upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.