Canada Goose isn't like anything else. We've built something great, something special - an iconic lifestyle brand with an inspirational and authentic story. At the heart of it is our promise to inspire and enable all people to thrive in the world outside. To Live in the Open. At Canada Goose, you're part of a movement that belongs to something bigger. One that seeks out the restorative power of nature and is driven by a purpose to keep the planet cold and the people on it warm. We endure any condition, observe every detail, and are building a community that believes in living bravely and coming together to support game-changing people.
Here, opportunities are everywhere - to try something new, to learn, to do meaningful and impactful work, and they're yours for the taking.
The Director, Brand Marketing, will be focused on two major pillars:
- Seamlessly execute integrated, best-in-class campaigns and initiatives that consistently position Canada Goose as a performance luxury lifestyle brand.
- Lead the global brand strategy to support the needs of the business, with a specific focus on women and Gen Z
This is a key cross-functional leadership role requiring collaboration internally (cross-functional teams and regions) and externally (production and creative agency partners, vendors, etc.). The ideal candidate requires a balance of leadership, creativity, entrepreneurship, strategy, and analytical thinking. They have perfected the brand voice and always involve human and emotional storytelling which makes them the ultimate brand champion.
The Brand Marketing Director is responsible for upholding brand strategy and creative direction, as well as product and category positioning of campaigns, pushing innovative thinking while balancing brand and commercial needs and driving revenue. We're looking for a creative and strategic leader who thrives on new challenges and understands both the brand & the commercial ecosystem.
BRAND MANAGEMENT & LEADERSHIP
- Lead the creation and planning of best-in-class global campaigns that drive awareness, affinity and an emotional connection to the brand with our global audience
- Define the global content vision and strategy including a visual identity, tone and editorial pillars for the Canada Goose brand; this vision will live across a number of channels including earned, owned and paid mediums
- Collaborate with external creative agency partners, internal creative production teams, and cross-functional teams to develop, manage, and execute Commercial and Brand moments.
- Steer all regions to represent the brand in their respective plans according to defined brand guidelines
- Maintain and meet annual Brand Marketing budget on a monthly basis
- Lead and manages the Brand Marketing team, providing input, guidance and support on execution of brand-led initiatives
- Collaborate with creative partners to ensure strong working relationships and delivery of world class creative output that drives brand image and growth with targeted audiences
- Work closely with the partners channels & teams to amplify the impact of campaigns on owned, earned and paid media and social channels including creating audience insights to grow with new consumers and reinforce engagement with existing
Experience, Education and Designations:
- University degree in business or marketing-related field
- 10-13 years marketing expertise, preferably for a global organization.
- Experience in a leadership role, managing, nurturing and growing a team of 5-10
- Experience leading and motivating cross functional teams across multiple time zones to deliver seamless execution
- Proven record of success in traditional and non-traditional marketing with measurable results
- Ideally has experience in the entertainment or apparel industry or with a strong understanding of the industry and with diverse backgrounds
- Computer Skills: Excel, Word, Power Point, Outlook, Power BI tools
Knowledge, Skills And Attributes
- Must have a global POV and be able to think outside the box
- Strong independent decision-making, organizational, planning and problem-solving skills
- Strong project ownership with confidence in championing a project from A to Z
- Strong writing, interpersonal and communication skills
- Epic organizational skills with the ability to juggle multiple projects at once without breaking a sweat
- Strong agency leadership and management skills with the ability to effectively collaborate with external partners throughout all phases of projects.
- Data driven marketer with an appetite for measurable performance
- Creativity and demonstrated ability working in a fast-paced environment with a high degree of change
- Ability to multi-task and work efficiently under pressure
- Have finger on the pulse of global trends in both luxury & fast fashion and have as strong passion for culture across all pillars - art, music, fashion, gaming and tech.
- Follows through consistently on work commitments and stops at nothing to deliver exceptional results
- Passionate about teaching and inspiring others