One Girl Can is a Canadian and Kenyan registered charitable organization that is based in Vancouver. Through education, we aim to create gender parity for girls in Kenya.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and passionate Marketing Coordinator to join our team.
Harness her power
Educating girls is one of the fastest and most effective ways of promoting global economic development, as well as the key to ultimately ending poverty and injustice for women.
We create opportunity for young women through a holistic model of education, mentorship, and training.
We fund high school and university scholarships for girls and young women. We build and renovate schools to create safe spaces to study.
From goal setting and leadership training to one-on-one mentorship, we help build confidence and support systems for each student.
We connect students with employment through professional and entrepreneurial training, networking, and internships.
The opportunity for you...
We are excited to have a Marketing Coordinator join our dedicated and fast-growing team. Entrepreneurially minded, we are a results-oriented, non-profit organization that is driven to impact change.
You will be responsible for raising awareness of One Girl Can by supporting in communication efforts and coordinating fundraising events.
Marketing, Communications & Design:
- Work in collaboration with Marketing department and assist with social media posts, design and execution
- Creates design assets to support online fundraising platforms for special events, third party events, online campaigns and donations, etc.
- Research and write content for OGC's online journal and website
- Identify strategies and research initiatives on how to reach other Not-For-Profit organizations, social influencers and media outlets
Events & Admin:
- Lead the execution of OGC's annual fundraiser IWANTtoBE by soliciting and cataloguing silent auction donations, liaising with events committee, creating signage and merchandising materials, meeting and training volunteers for the event, and providing on site and backend support for overall planning and execution of event.
- Source and prepare materials and develop PowerPoint presentations for the Annual Nairobi Conference, speaking engagements, donor presentations and third party events as required to raise awareness and funds.
- Provide support in ad hoc duties as required by the organization.
What you offer...
- A certificate, diploma or degree in Marketing, Graphic Design, Communications or similar field.
- Intermediate skills in Adobe Suite, include, but not limited to, InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator and Premiere considered an asset.
- Excellent writing skills.
- A self-starter with excellent organizational and problem-solving skills.
- A working familiarity with digital marketing channels including, but not limited to, Google AdWords, Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Mailchimp, LinkedIn and Canada Helps.
- Demonstrated ability to be a collaborative team player and establish and maintain positive working relationships, both internally and externally.
- A passion for gender equality, women's rights, and furthering opportunities for underserved women globally.
Please either e-mail your resume, cover letter and salary expectations via Isarta. No phone calls please. Only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Thank you.