What's Bench? Check us out in Medium, Betakit, Financial Post, our Instagram, and our Life at Bench Blog.
We acknowledge that Bench headquarters is located on the traditional, ancestral, and unceded territory of the Coast Salish Peoples, including the territories of the x?m??kw?y??m (Musqueam), Skwxwú7mesh (Squamish), and S?l?ílw?ta?/Selilwitulh (Tsleil-Waututh) Nations.
Businesses need to understand their financial performance, but for many smaller ones, this means a trade-off between managing their books and running their businesses.
Our mission is to help every business owner thrive, by providing financial insight and peace of mind in one seamless platform. From creatives to chiropractors, Bench helps thousands of small business owners and entrepreneurs master their financial lives. Because understanding your finances should be three things: simple, effortless, and affordable.
We're growing fast, and we're looking for exceptional people to join us on this incredible journey. Check out our culture guide to learn more about what it's like to work at Bench and read more about our business here!
What does the Sales department look like?
At the core of it, sales at Bench is a people-centric team focused on helping small business owners and entrepreneurs in the US. As a Sales Development Representative, your first interaction with a potential client is the start of their relationship with Bench. Your genuine curiosity and drive to help people is what guides your approach to discover how Bench can be a part of their entrepreneurial journey. You'll have targets to meet individually and revenue goals to hit as a team, which fuels your innate sense of determination. If you're looking to gain experience in sales and start-ups while making a real difference in people's lives, then you've come to the right place.
What you'll get up to:
- Learning what it means to be a part of our stellar Sales team
- Communicating with entrepreneurs and small business owners to gain a deeper understanding of their business needs, and educating them on how we are here to give them financial control over their lives
- Using your good-natured wit and charm to build new relationships over the phone and email
- Helping one of Vancouver's fastest-growing startups hit its revenue and growth goals
- Guiding potential clients through to successful closure
What you'll need:
- Have a genuine passion for helping people
- Have an articulate phone and written presence that's confident, yet personable
- Are realistic about temporary challenges and setbacks, and use them to motivate yourself and others to achieve targets
- Embrace feedback with arms wide open and action it to further your success
- Can contribute to a high-performing team by bringing lots of mental horsepower, amazing work ethic, positive energy, and a little weirdness to keep things interesting
What you'll get:
- This is a full-time, 4 month, co-op position, because we want to help you build upon your current skills and add some new skills to your tool belt. Not to mention, you will have the opportunity to meet some pretty awesome people who will help you to succeed at Bench and beyond. You can read all about past student's experience here.
- We're looking for co-ops starting January 2023 with an end date of April 2023.
- Competitive base salary, pro-rated for the length of the co-op, and monthly uncapped commission (+55k OTE) available.
- You'll get unlimited access to Inkblot Therapy, our virtual counselling service to support mental wellbeing, and Bravely, our confidential, on-demand, 1:1 professional coaching service.
- Bench has a number of Affinity Groups - groups of people who have shared identities and experiences! The purpose of these groups is to support underrepresented Benchmates and amplify their voices.
- This role is for one of three teams who, by design, function better together in person. Now our Vancouver HQ has closed, if you live in the Vancouver lower mainland you will get the opportunity to be involved in the trial of a coworking space designed for the Sales team. We will test, learn and iterate together!
- Whether you get to use the coworking space as part of a hybrid model or if you work remotely, you'll have access to our Home Office Setup Fund to ensure that you have everything you need to work comfortably from home, from day one.
Everyone has their own unique talents. Even if you don't meet 100% of the qualifications outlined above, tell us why you'd be a great fit for this role in your application.
We believe that unchecked biases disproportionately impact the most marginalized people in society-including but not limited to BIPOC, LGBTQ2S+ people, immigrants, and people with disabilities. We strongly encourage applications from people with these identities or other marginalized communities because we believe that without you, we are all less. At Bench, we don't stand for tokenism. We stand for representation.