In a compound role, the Innovation and Marketing Manager is expected to deliver both innovation projects from ideation to launch and build plans to grow the business.
Responsible for Innovation development from the ideation stage through to launch delivery, this role requires building and sustaining strong collaborative relationships with the innovation technical manager, the cross-functional team, including the commercial team, as well as external distribution and co-packing partners. In addition, this role requires an understanding of how to build brands and working with creative and media agencies to deliver on communication objectives.
Position location: We're all about flexibility! This will be a hybrid role based out of our Toronto location with Mondays & Fridays remote.
- Lead execution of annual marketing strategies to deliver against the Canadian Team fiscal year earnings target and profitability goals.
- Responsible for weekly, monthly or quarterly business reporting to the COE and international leadership team, identifying key growth drivers, as well as areas of opportunity for the Canadian business.
- Understand overarching global trends, consumer needs, emerging categories and benefits to define the pillars for growth of the portfolio
- Lead platform development and drive the innovation vision for Canada and continuously fill the funnel of new ideas. Responsible for identifying consumer insights, turning them into effective, consumer-relevant and brand-building concepts, and leading the consumer validation process.
- Lead the innovation process, define innovation guardrails, and facilitate monthly meetings with key leaders to review and prioritize projects
- Inspire agile innovation that is consumer-focused. Lead consumer learning from idea/concept development, identify key success metrics to ensure growth, and test & learn executions before scaling
- Responsible for consumer research initiatives work to assist in concept development, qualification, optimization, and validation.
- Develop and deliver the annual brand plans and communication campaigns for Canada, overseeing social media, to build awareness and consumer engagement building the Brand vision and proposition.
- Own and drive the development of the Strategic development of the brand, and Brand Vision, ensuring it is uniquely relevant, up to date and engaging to target consumers.
- Develop strong and collaborative relationships with cross-functional teams (R&D, Regulatory/Legal, Operations, etc.) to drive global innovation projects
- Develop the global brand book, providing key assets and setting the guardrails for local adaptation, including defining the fix and flex elements of the design system
Decision-Making Authority/Accountability Level
This role is responsible for managing the annual innovation performance of the brand to achieve revenue growth through penetration increase and recruitment, gaining market share across Canada
This position operates with some guidance and direction from the COE Marketing & Canadian Managing Director but is expected to be self-reliant and self-motivated.
- Self-starter who will own project management and innovation through to execution and launch and can also operate at a higher strategic and cross-functional level.
- A doer, who takes pride in seeing projects through from concept to on-shelf success.
- A leader who creates energy for the cross-functional team and the Canadian business.
- Articulate in vision, highly analytical, a creative problem solver, and highly collaborative within a diverse, cross-functional team.
- Insight into Concept experience, Project management and planning experience.
- Master's Degree in Business Administration (MBA), or related, or the foreign equivalent.
- Ability to develop a product launch project from concept to shelf, demonstrated by launching at least 4 products or services in food and beverage-related market within the last 3 years
- Ability to develop brand and go-to-market strategy to create the right marketing plan to grow the base business alongside supporting new launches. At least 5 years of experience in brand execution with a solid understanding of consumer, customer, and shopper marketing levers.
- 10+ years of experience in Marketing with at least 3-5 years in an innovation development role and 5 years in a brand execution role; Must possess working knowledge of both Brand Innovation and Brand Building practices and principles.
- Highly Analytical, Data-driven & Numbers savvy. Must have experience using various types of syndicated data. E.g. AC Nielsen, LDIA, Dunnhumby, IRI etc.
- 5 years of experience with project management and stage gate type frameworks such as Compass, Agile, Sprint, and Product, Package and Price.
- 5 years of experience with New Product Development (NPD) including technical aspects (e.g., leading consumer research, developing claims, product design, regulatory/legal requirements, and navigating approval and product coding systems)
Must have and warranted to succeed in the role.
- Inspired by possibilities. Be a pioneer with an insatiable appetite for bringing new ideas to life and driving business results.
- Technical and Business curiosity. Communicate directly and immediately. Don't be afraid to assume the role of a leader, contributing both technically and to the broader business discussion.
- Thrive in complexity. Highly motivated, dedicated, and Self-starter with a natural inclination to contribute well beyond functional role. Can always be counted on to lend a hand and promote team engagement to achieve goals.
- Ability to multitask
- work agile
- Timely /accurate administrative duties; keeping management informed of the development process, opportunities, and updates. Drive for results and follow-through.
- Wild, disruptive and fearless. You will revel in the art of craftsmanship, with an eagerness to shape the bigger picture. You will cut straight to the heart of the matter and enjoy making the plan a reality.
- Build, Build, Build. A straight shooter who values and respects team members. Be available to the team and forge strong relationships with those around you.
- Competitive Base Salary
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance on day one
- Performance Bonus
- 401K with up to 10% in matching contributions
- Bright Horizons Family Solutions - Back up care, tutoring, etc.
- Transgender benefits
- Fertility benefits
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Paid holidays and vacation days
- Up to $300 Fitness Reimbursement
- Up to $300 Massage Reimbursement
- Health Resources including Free Headspace membership, 1:1 Health Coaching and more.
- Access to LinkedIn Learning
Who We Are
You might have our iconic cranberry juice in your fridge or have gotten into heated holiday debate about what's better - canned or fresh cranberry sauce. But did you know that the hardworking people growing the superfruit in our products are 700 family farmers that own our cooperative? They entrust us with what is most precious to them to create new and innovative products that will delight consumers and grow this beloved brand today and into the future.
Team Members, Farmers, Consumers And Communities Alike--we Value What Makes Us Unique And Strive To Connect Our Farms To Families For a Better Life By Living Our Values
- Grower Mindset - We embrace our grower-owners innovative spirit and heritage through confidence, learning and focus on the future.
- Sustainable Results - Guided by purpose, we are focused on delivering results for our grower-owners.
- Integrity Above All - We are ethical, doing the right thing for our grower-owners, customers, consumers and each other
- Inclusive Teamwork - We build diverse and inclusive teams that strengthen our cooperative.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.