The purpose of this role is to be the frontline sales person and technical service person who is responsible for the execution of agreed sales and profitability targets in a set territory established by the business by developing new business and expanding the business with existing customers. Along with providing technical service as the business requires inside and outside of the defined sales territory.
Level of Autonomy
Capable of indetifying strategic clients/projects/owners and motivating business to support clients. Set own travel schedule, determine best timing of sales calls per account. Develop presentations for conferences and meetings, coordinate and recommend pricing. Develop coating specifications, reports and surveys. All the above within the bounds of the functional and operational guidelines of the business.
- Execute the duties of a full-time technical sales representative assigned to a sales territory
- Execute Account/Customer plans aligned with Regional / Global Segment & Marketing plan as applicable
- Develop relevant Commercial pipeline for respective accounts, manage the pipeline within the CRM
- Deliver the agreed financial and non financial targets in line with business budgets
- Establish and maintains top level contact with the management of existing and potential customers.
- Delivers training to customers on the use and application of the company products.
- Performs technical inspections and audits at designated customers.
- Completes technical reports as required by the business
- Work with customer on cost improvement opportunities
- Proactively prevents and solves problems of a technical nature occurring at existing customers.
- Sees that all orders and other customer communications are promptly and accurately handle.
- Insures appropriate action on customer service problems.
- Manage complex customer complaints
- Keep customer updated of pertinent information and ?cutting edge? technologies
- Communicate account activities to Sales Manager on a routine basis
- Maintains a professional and positive attitude
- Attend seminars and trade shows as determined by Sales Manager and Marketing Manager and, on occasion, travel with customer to view new technologies
- Be proactive in utilization of productive customer relations with lunches, dinners, extracurricular activities
inimum of 5 years in the coating industry, preferrably heavy industrial or marine related
NACE CIP 1 or NACE CIP 2 preferred
Bachelor Degree Or Additional Revelent Work Experience
Ability to read and comprehend instructions and safety guidelines
Ability to write or verbally deliver correspondence professionally and effectively to all levels of management, peer group and customers
Must have effective interpersonal and presentation skills
Ability to work independently
Ability to multi-task and balance priorities
Dedicated and committed safety leadership and presence
Analytical reasoning and problem-solving skills
Basic computer skills; email, sending reports, etc.
Coaching/teaching and decision-making skills
Ability to wear all required personal protective equipment in customer's site
Must be able to stand or walk for long periods of time
Ability to travel over 30% of time and work a flexible work schedule including nights and weekends
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age or disability.
Requisition ID: 24774