At Hyatt, we believe our guests select Hyatt because of our caring and attentive associates who are focused on providing efficient service and meaningful experiences.
Hyatt Regency Vancouver is seeking a dedicated, customer service professional to join the Sales team as Sales Manager - Business Travel.
The Sales Manager - Business Travel is a fully competent individual who has experience in the sales process and function of a hotel. The Sales Manager is responsible for growing business in the corporate and local negotiated rate segments. This individual will continue to further penetrate existing accounts as well as procure new business for the hotel. The Sales Manager - Business Travel is also responsible for meeting assigned monthly sales goals.
Interested candidates must have the ability to adjust work schedules to meet business demands, which may infrequently require early mornings, evening and/or weekend hours.
Duties include but not limited to:
- Responsible for meeting or exceeding revenue goals in the Business Travel market segment(s) for hotel
- Responsible for managing the RFP process for all existing and prospecting accounts
- Assist with the completion and dissemination of reports in a timely manner
- Effectively communicate with Director of Revenue and/or Director of Sales to review opportunities that impact revenue goals
- Conduct regular sales calls to existing and potential new accounts
- Conduct site inspections, entertain clients in the restaurant and personally interact with guests as appropriate for transient travel development
- Travel locally to major feeder cities to conduct outside calls and promote hotel
- Attend tradeshows representing hotel as required
- Generate leads and new business through Internet searches, telephone and email solicitation, referrals, networking, trade shows, professional and community organizations, sales, blitzes, etc.
- Maintain relationship with Hyatt Sales Force directors
- Arrange site inspections for new accounts
- Respond to all sales inquiries in a timely fashion
- Execute and support the operational aspects of booking business (e.g., generate proposals, draft contract, customer correspondence)
- Responsible for negotiating volume account contracts and the implementation and set up as required
- Analyze historical, current and future hotel/market trends and develop strategies to maximize occupancy and average rate for accounts through creative and selective selling
- Remain current on all competition as well as changes in the market and industry
- Assist in the development of the annual budget and owner reviews
- Participate in management meetings to discuss budget, forecast and rate
- Attend and actively participate in revenue strategy meetings
- Participate in yearly creation of Business Travel budget
- Partner with operations team to coordinate customer needs and effectively respond to opportunities to ensure client satisfaction
- Provide monthly and other required activity reports to Director of Sales
Hyatt is a place where high expectations aren't just met-they're exceeded. It's a place of outstanding rewards, where talent opens doors to exciting challenges in the hospitality industry. It's a place where career opportunities are as unlimited as your imagination. Discover your place to shine in our warm, respectful, and inclusive culture.
You're more than welcome.
Visa Requirements : Must be legally eligible to work in Canada. The hotel is unable to assist candidates in obtaining Canadian work authorization.
- College degree or High School Diploma with related experience
- Must be fluent in spoken and written English. A second language is also an asset
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including leading and participating in formal presentations
- Ability to secure business through prospecting, making presentations, strong negotiation and closing skills
- Solid organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent computer skills
- Knowledge of TravelClick business intelligence products and STR reports
- Experience with a major hotel brand is preferred
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Strong desire to deliver high quality customer service
- Detail oriented and organized as it pertains to accuracy and efficiency
- Solid management and organizational skills