Who We Are
HomeEquity Bank is a Schedule 1 Canadian chartered bank and the leading national provider of reverse mortgages, with a growing portfolio. As the only bank solely dedicated to serving homeowners 55 and up, we're passionate about helping Canadian homeowners live retirement on their terms. We live that commitment every day, with a range of reverse mortgage solutions that include our flagship CHIP Reverse Mortgage? product.
Our Values, Our Passion
At HomeEquity Bank, our values drive and inspire our actions with our customers, our partners and each other.
We Are Customer-Focused, Passionate Advocates.
We Have the Courage to Act and Do the Right Thing.
We Are One Team, with One Vision.
We Think Long-Term, We Are Ever-Evolving.
We Strive to Be Exceptional and Inspire Greatness.
The Director, Referred & Product Marketing is responsible for developing and driving comprehensive plans aimed at supporting the growth of the Referred Business, and establishing and implementing a Product Line Strategy that aligns to the growing need of the Canadian 55+ homeowner demographic in Canada. The Director is responsible for building and developing a high-performance team and regularly reports to Senior and Executive Management on progress and recommendations.
Major Elements of the Role
- Develop and drive the implementation of a comprehensive marketing strategy and plan to support growth across the referred network of business partners, with a focus on mortgage brokerage houses, banks, and other referral partners including real estate agents and wealth management professionals
- Develop marketing metrics and targets that support referred sales objectives; develop regular reporting cadence to be shared with sales management
- Partner with Sales Management to propose, develop, and test new ways to position the product and its relevant value propositions to referral partners
- Ensure the Sales & Marketing Taskforce continues to source insights, communicates ongoing initiatives, and implements Marketing initiatives based on feedback from the field
- Ensure the ongoing development and adoption of platform marketing programs, both online and offline, to support the field sales force across the country
Product Line Strategy Management:
- Develop and implement a product business plan by identifying, creating and developing client-focused product strategies consistent with the firm's overall business philosophy and targets, existing product set and future product roadmap
- Develop, execute, and leverage consumer and partner research and product and product-alternative benchmarks to identify product and partner features and benefits that will enhance our value proposition in the market
- Lead the life cycle management for products and services; analyze, identify and recommend improvements to fit customer needs on a consistent basis, develop robust business cases to support the implementation of new products, product enhancements, or policy changes
- Develop and oversee the implementation of go-to-market launch plans including working across stakeholder groups such as finance, sales, shared services, and marketing to set business targets for new products
- Monitor product performance along with market trends, sales and partner feedback, customer needs, competitive information and market research, to determine the right feature set for each target market segment.
- Lead the co-ordination of cross-functional team members including Sales, Marketing, Operations, Client Services, IT, Risk and Legal to launch new products
Compliance and Regulatory Oversight
- Work with Risk & Compliance Teams to ensure Marketing Teams have the appropriate level of oversight as it pertains to all regulatory requirements
- Lead the implementation of Regulatory Requirements, including, working closely with cross-functional team members including Risk, Compliance, Legal, and IT to assess business impact and development and to implement findings
Skills and Experience Required:
- Minimum 7+ years of experience in financial industry product and marketing management, with subject matter expertise in the Canadian consumer mortgage industry, home-secured lending and insurance products is a definite advantage.
- Bachelor's degree, MBA or a graduate degree an asset
- Experience in field marketing and/or business development
- Experience in lead generation, lead nurturing, leading marketing campaigns, and Salesforce.com eco-system an asset
- Demonstrated ability to make a compelling business case for product ideas.
- Strong analytical skills, ability to interpret large sets of data and draw insights; strong financial acumen
- Demonstrated oral and written communication skills, with emphasis on proposal development and presentation to internal and external contacts, up to senior and executive management levels
- Demonstrated ability to translate research findings into insights and ideas; to work from conceptual thinking to practical application
- Experience leading cross-functional working groups and managing projects to achieve deliverables within timelines and budgets
- Ability to collaborate with multiple stakeholders internally and externally
- Ability to drive change and challenge status quo
- Proven ability to manage and develop direct report(s)
WHY WORK AT HOMEEQUITY BANK?
HomeEquity Bank offers a hybrid working environment supported with a culture of flexibility - an approach that is unique to each person, and that enables both business and individual needs to be met in a mutually beneficial way.
We pride ourselves in recognizing and celebrating performance, community service, teamwork, and diversity among our employees.
A Dynamic Culture - With People at the Centre
We believe our people make all the difference, and our tireless commitment to inclusivity, professional development, and employee engagement/experience has been recognized through awards including the Globe and Mail's Report on Business: Canada's Top Growing Companies 2021 (2 years in a row), Strategy Online Top 10 Brands Awards (at #8) and as a Canadian Mortgage Professional (CMP) 5-Star Mortgage Employer 2022.
Growth and Opportunities
We provide challenging and rewarding careers in a wide variety of fields. We continuously develop and train our employees through professional growth opportunities and on-the-job training. We also encourage our employees to develop professionally and personally though a series of career developing programs including our Educational Assistance Program, designed to reimburse costs related to professional learning and development, as well as providing employees unlimited access to LinkedIn Learning.
Celebrating Great Work and People
We believe in an environment that celebrates success, knowledge, leadership, and work that is inspired by our core values. For these reasons, we have created several programs that make it easy for our employees to say ?great job' to their colleagues and leaders.
From our Appreciate! Program to the High Five Award Program and President's Award Program, we recognize professional achievement with a variety of rewards including points towards gift cards, merchandise, and travel experiences, as well as group RRSP/DPSP contributions and more.
Our Community Leadership Program also recognizes employees who make a positive impact in their communities through volunteer work with a grant for their charity of choice. Additionally, we provide employees with the opportunity to take a paid day off each year to support their favourite local charity.
HomeEquity Bank offers a competitive total rewards package that includes the following:
- Extended health and dental benefits
- Employee & Family Assistance Program
- Employer Matched Group Retirement Savings Plan
- Employee Share Ownership Plan
- Well-being initiatives including: a wellness account; virtual self-care programs and extended mental health benefits
- Employee corporate discount for GoodLife Fitness
Stay in the Know
Find out what we're up to online, and learn more about what makes HomeEquity Bank a great place to work: