Reporting to the Director of Communications, the Digital Project Manager is responsible for overseeing planning, executing, and evaluating of projects to help achieve the University's marketing, reputation, recruitment, and retention goals. With a specific focus on digital marketing projects, this position works closely with the Manager of Digital Marketing, Full Stack Developer and the entire Communications team on strategies and solutions that apply best practices and innovation to ensure a forward-looking, secure, reliable communications projects that are scalable, sustainable, and accessible. Projects include, but are not limited to, overseeing the University's digital ad campaign, supporting the development and execution of social media marketing, leading the updating and redesign of key stakeholder websites (Research, Current Students, Future Students, Trent Lands, etc.), supporting data driven projects, including implementation of new CRM system, contributing to brand strategy, and overseeing the University's digital ad campaign and issues management priorities. The role also supports the University's website compliance requirements related to the AODA Communications Standard. The position emphasizes project management, web development, and digital marketing skills, with a strong customer service orientation. The position works to deadlines, involves multi-tasking, and collaborates closely with key University stakeholders, including I.T.
1. Provides project management expertise within the Communications team through facilitating definition of project scope, goals and deliverables; defining project tasks and resource requirements; developing project plans; coordinating staff resources; tracking project status; and monitoring and reporting.
2. Plans, project manages, executes, and evaluates digital reputation and student recruitment/enrolment/retention efforts including digital advertising, website development and audience building, student mobile app and CRM.
3. Manages project team members during project execution ensure on track and on target to meet goals and timelines; delegating tasks and responsibilities as required.
4. Measures and reports on the performance of University digital and communications properties and support the reporting needs of key stakeholders.
5. Implement innovative, interactive initiatives to enhance the University website and communication channels, including but not limited to online market research vehicles, virtual tours, podcasts, video and audio, and other new media to contribute to the overall attractiveness and utility of the University's digital properties as a reflection of the quality learning and research environment at Trent.
6. Explores and researches new emerging technologies and best practices that the University could leverage; learn, provide recommendations, and implement opportunities to improve efficiencies and performance of website, development, and workflow processes.
7. Tracks day-to-day operational aspects of project and scope and report project deviations to Director and/or Manager Digital Marketing and recommend course correction actions - act as escalation point for potential issues and conflicts.
8. Inspires collaborative team approach to projects.
1. Provides client service to academic and service departments including website and digital planning and content audits, with an emphasis on how the needs of departments can be delivered in an integrated fashion across digital marketing channels including web, social media and email.
Web Strategy and Development
1. Plans, project manages, implements, and maintains digital components for the University's website including research, design, analysis, coding and development, integration, testing, and problem resolution in the Drupal Content Management System and other web-based platforms.
2. Develops wireframes, storyboards, sitemaps, data visualizations, information flows and architecture to champion UI/UX and promote quality user experience and institutional branding.
3. Ensures the University website and its components are optimized for search engines.
4. Creates analytics reports for web and social traffic, engagement and conversions, and develops strategies for improved outcomes
5. Supports staff and faculty on the creation of accessible website content and the monitoring, reporting and remediation of accessibility issues to maintain AODA compliance related to websites under the AODA Communications Standard.
6. Contributes to the development and maintenance of the University's website style guide and digital templates that properly reflecting the University style and branding guides.
7. Plays lead role on strategic web priorities, including collaborating with key University stakeholders on website redesigns and new approaches; works with Full Stack Developer or outside suppliers to program and successfully launch web projects.
1. Acts as back up to the Director, Communications on emergency communications.
2. Acts on strategies for crisis/emergency communications as required, including emergency response, campus closures, issues management.
3. Accesses and synthesizes confidential and sensitive information, related to board governance, budgets, human resources, for backgrounders, speaking points, communications plans, etc.
4. Maintains discretion and confidentiality with regard to files and sensitive issues, attending meetings and supporting the Director of Communications on plans and materials.
Administration and Support
2. Manages budgets for communications projects and ensures timely, on-budget delivery; works with Director and Manager, Digital Marketing to identify and track investments and expenditures.
3. Develops and oversees project timelines, ensuring completion of projects in timely way; manages workflow and creates timely and accurate reports for Director on projects.
4. Prepares RFPs, RFQs and other materials to procure outside suppliers for projects, as appropriate.
5. Manages external contractors and suppliers and ensures deadlines are met.
6. Builds effective and collaborative relationships with all administrative and academic departments.
7. Actively participates in portfolio committees and special project teams, as required.
8. With Manager of Digital Marketing, helps to implement and enforce the University's digital policies and maintain compliance with relevant standards, templates and privacy and accessibility regulations (AODA, PIPEDA, CASL and GDPR).
9. Special events support and other duties as prioritized by the Communications Office.
10. Manages Communications students.
11. Acts as key member of the University's Integrated Communications Committee.
12. Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree (Honours) in Business Administration, Marketing, Communications, Computer Science, or related field is required.
- An MBA or postgraduate degree would be considered an asset.
- PMP certification an asset.
- Five years of experience, at least three of which is progressively responsible experience in project management and/or administering digital marketing strategies.
- Demonstrated experience with project management principles and project management software; proven experience managing projects under tight deadlines.
- Understanding of and experience in planning, execution, measurement and analysis of digital marketing, communications, and social media campaigns.
- Experience with SEO best practices, Google Analytics,Adobe Analytics, and social analytics.
- Proven knowledge of UX design principles and approaches, interface design and customer journeys.
- Demonstrated experience with ERP/CRM systems and email marketing platforms.
- Ability to work as part of a team and to foster good working relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Knowledge of and experience executing best practices for search campaigns and data mining.
- Experience with enterprise social media management and scheduling software.
- Knowledge of AODA and experience implementing best practices for accessible web development.
- Excellent interpersonal, time management, and communication skills; able to communicate technical ideas to business users, team members, and other stakeholders.
- Results-oriented, reliable, able to work under pressure and handle a fast-paced work environment, deadlines and new challenges.
- Ability to both collaborate with team members and to work independently.
- Eager to embrace current and emerging digital technologies.
- Exemplary interpersonal, communications, conflict resolution skills with abilities to build bridges between complex stakeholder groups and individuals.
- Excellent sense of discretion, judgment, tact and diplomacy.
- Strong budgeting and numeracy skills.
- Willingness to work extended hours as required to meet deadlines.