This position is accountable to the Executive Assistant, Information Technology Services, in conjunction with the Executive Assistant, Financial Services, to support the out-of-scope managers of both divisions as well as to provide support, where needed, to the Executive Assistants of both divisions. The work is of a confidential and often complex nature.
1: Provide administrative assistance and office management to the out-of-scope managers of Information Technology Services and Financial Services divisions to ensure effective and efficient operations.
2: Provide high level of confidentiality, attention to detail and administrative assistance. Manage workflow, schedule meetings and appointments, record and distribute minutes, proofreading, procurement of goods and services, maintain electronic file systems and assist with travel plans and expense form preparation.
3: Collaborate with the Executive Assistant on all related committee work; organize logistics for meetings and minute taking; assist with planning of for divisional staff meetings and annual workshops.
4: Communicate frequently with internal and external stakeholders to provide and obtain information.
5: Assist with collecting and entering data into various electronic data systems as directed.
6: Provide administrative assistance, as needed, on behalf of the Office of the AVP - Information Technology Services and on behalf of the Office of the AVP - Financial Services.
7: Build, update and maintain web pages on the Saskatchewan Polytechnic portal; proofread and edit materials for publication; maintain internal department SharePoint sites.
8: Initiate and/or format PowerPoint slides for presentations and generate/maintain a database of presentations.
9: Other duties as assigned.
- Completed Grade 12 or equivalent, plus a recognized secretarial certificate or an equivalent combination of training and experience;
- Two years' experience in an administrative role;
- Intermediate computer skills and experience with software packages including but not limited to work processing, spreadsheets, databases, email, SharePoint, video communications and internet browsers.
- Training and/or experience in minute taking and transcribing minutes;
- Excellent proofreading and editing skills.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team, and with a variety of internal and external stakeholders.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication (both oral and written) skills;
- Good organizational skills with an ability to pay specific attention to detail;
- Ability to take initiative and work with limited supervision while prioritizing competing deadlines in a fast-paced environment;
- Ability to manage confidential/sensitive information;
- Demonstrates Valuing Diversity