Grow with the best. Join a smart, creative, and inspired team that accomplishes operational excellence. The Stantec community unites more than 25,000 employees working in over 400 locations across 6 continents.
Are you ready to wake up every day feeling inspired, excited about your job, and do you like to be part of a winning team? Are you looking for an opportunity where you can work with and be inspired by amazing creative colleagues, make an impact on your community, gain valuable experience and build your career? Meet Stantec. Ranked as one of the most sustainable companies in the world, the people we work with are cool, and we want you to have a future here.
Our people are at the core of everything we do. Driven by a culture of inclusion, we offer dozens of employee resource groups, growth opportunities, and flexible work arrangements. We understand that the tools for success look different for everyone, and we're committed to providing each employee with the support and flexibility they need to thrive.
Reporting directly to the Regional Marketing Director, the Marketing Manager provides leadership and strategic marketing expertise to the leadership team to ensure understanding of the regional strategic direction, and to develop/deliver the annual integrated marketing and business development plan to achieve the region's financial and market leadership goals.
Your Key Responsibilities
Marketing Team Development and Leadership
- Recruit, motivate, provide ongoing leadership, mentoring and coaching to a team of marketing professionals who work directly with leadership and practitioners to implement and achieve the goals of the annual Marketing and Business Development Plan.
- Provides input and/or may be responsible for the hiring and evaluation of the regional marketing team.
Strategic Pursuits & Account Management
- Working with Leadership and driving a culture of Business Development
- Support top regional strategic pursuits, driving strategy with leadership.
- Assist in identification, development, and nurturing of client relationships for within the region.
- Assist local leadership, as required, in strategizing team members, potential partner firms, people/projects, and overarching approach for all strategic pursuits regionally.
- Work with Account Managers (AMs) in the region to identify and develop AM plans and key AM reps during planning cycle.
- Provide ongoing training and support to AMs to develop annual plans.
- Mentor and support regional marketing team in the development of content and comprehensive proposals and presentations.
- Work with Market Research team to develop focused market research for the region, in advance of annual sector planning; coordinate with sector marketing managers in development of sector plans.
Marketing Strategy Development
- Participate and support the marketing strategy, leading regional
- Oversite and direction of Stantec website pages within a specified region including: Work with PR and local marketing team members to develop campaigns which feature people / projects / creativity and enhance the Stantec brand.
- Partnering with the Regional Marketing Director and the region's Public Relations Manager, develop and implement strategy to build brand awareness through a coordinated program focused on thought leadership, design excellence, and creativity. Identify, priority projects and thought leaders on an annual basis and develop robust plan with RBL to promote through:
- Traditional and social media (blogs / LinkedIn articles / twitter etc.)
- Industry awards
- Conferences & tradeshows
- Content campaigns
Leading Communication Excellence
- Identify opportunities for internal and external communications throughout the course of year inclusive of:
- Create key project wins/milestone news releases with regional PR and regional marketing staff.
- Identify blogging opportunities and assist in generation of blogs - internal / external - related to current projects / themes or trends in industry.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Detail oriented and organized, with exceptional prioritization skills
- Ability to effectively balance conflicting priorities
- Demonstrated proficiency with web-based tools and Microsoft Office applications including but not limited to Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Working knowledge in the use of desktop publishing software such as Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, Acrobat
- Ability to effectively communicate with senior management, supervisors, peers, and clients, both internally and externally
- Excellent interviewing, written, and verbal communication skills
- Strong presentation skills in small or large group environments, with proficiency in presentation support tools (e.g., PowerPoint)
- Strong knowledge and understanding of marketing and business development best practices
- Ability to work effectively within a group with as well as independently motivated with minimal supervision
Education And Experience
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in business, marketing, communications, public relations or an equivalent level of experience
- Minimum 12-15 years of progressive experience in a senior marketing role in a medium to large sized organization
Stantec is a place where smart, caring people come to build on each other's talents and make an impact on the world. Find your fit. Apply today.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Primary Location : Canada-Ontario-Toronto
Other Locations : Canada-Newfoundland and Labrador-St. John's, Canada-Nova Scotia-Dartmouth, Canada-Ontario-Stoney Creek, Canada-New Brunswick, Canada-Newfoundland and Labrador, Canada-Nova Scotia
Job : Marketing Professional Management
Organization : BC-1506 Marketing & Communications-CA Central & Atlantic
Employee Status : Regular
Job Level : Manager
Travel : Yes, 10 % of the Time
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : Sep 12, 2022, 9:16:57 AM
Req ID: 2200035I
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans