Come Work with Us!
At RBC, our culture is deeply supportive and rich in opportunity and reward. You will help our clients thrive and our communities prosper, empowered by a spirit of shared purpose.
Whether you're helping clients find new opportunities, developing new technology, or providing expert advice to internal partners, you will be doing work that matters in the world, in an environment built on teamwork, service, responsibility, diversity, and integrity.
Senior Manager, Skills Strategy and Talent Mobility (Skill Recognition)
What is the opportunity?
Do you have expertise in leading people strategies and change initiatives along with a keen interest in the future world of work? Have you worked with internal partners to ideate, design, implement, manage and measure initiatives and programs?
Reporting to the Director, Skills Strategy and Talent Mobility, this role offers a unique opportunity to deliver on our skills strategy at RBC and help build our future-ready and resilient workforce.
As the Senior Manager, Skills Strategy and Talent Mobility (Skill Recognition), you will support the development of key enterprise initiatives that support more personalized career mobility and enable more predictive workforce planning through our skills strategy. You will lead new initiatives focused on how we recognize the skills of RBCers by creating, acquiring, maintaining and scaling new and existing tools and programs. You will work with colleagues across business and functional teams including HR Business Partners and Centres of Expertise (COEs) to develop and execute these enterprise-wide initiatives.
What will you do?
- Ideate, create and scale new and existing tools, programs and change initiatives to recognize the skills of our talent in partnership with other HR COEs, Talent Partnership teams and Talent Solutions (e.g. people assessment tools, certification programs, microcredentials)
- Build and maintain RBC's portfolio of objective skills assessment and inference tools to drive employee career and growth experiences
- Maintain relationships with Learning and Performance Consultants and Talent Partners to gather and share insights on talents' skills, business skill priorities and support the scaling of new and existing initiatives
- Build and maintain relationships with suppliers, while keeping up-to-date with the broader supplier environment, looking for opportunities to bring new innovation into the organization
- Generate skills insights and action items from skills data to share with stakeholders and improve HR strategies and solutions
- Build a deep understanding of workforce and people strategies across RBC
- Design and implement evaluation strategies to measure the benefit and impact of the work, including quantitative and qualitative feedback gathered through employee focus groups
- Contribute to the continued evolution of our skills strategy to enable the growth and development of all RBCers
What do you need to succeed?
- Managing large, multi-year, organization-wide programs, projects and initiatives
- Taking initiative to execute on strategy and contributing to strategy development
- Demonstrated ability to be successful when working with ambiguity and changing requirements in a demanding environment with conflicting priorities and fluctuating deadlines
- Strong communication skills (written/verbal) and confidence working across different groups and levels to constructively challenge and influence key stakeholders
- Managing and measuring program effectiveness and OKRs with foundational business data analytics skills
- Applied experience in configuring and implementing Workday
- Experience with psychometric assessment tools and applications in recruitment and career development
- Experience in communications and change leadership
- Bilingual (French/English)
What's in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including bonuses and flexible benefits, competitive compensation
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
- Opportunities to take on progressively greater scopes of work
TORONTO, Ontario, Canada
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
At RBC, we embrace diversity and inclusion for innovation and growth. We are committed to building inclusive teams and an equitable workplace for our employees to bring their true selves to work. We are taking actions to tackle issues of inequity and systemic bias to support our diverse talent, clients and communities.
We also strive to provide an accessible candidate experience for our prospective employees with different abilities. Please let us know if you need any accommodations during the recruitment process.
Join our Talent Community
Stay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. Sign up and get customized info on our latest jobs, career tips and Recruitment events that matter to you.
Expand your limits and create a new future together at RBC. Find out how we use our passion and drive to enhance the well-being of our clients and communities at rbc.com/careers.