Looking for a career opportunity with an established and reputable national organization that makes a real difference in women’s health, values its employees and offers a comprehensive total compensation package including a hybrid working from home program?
The Society of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists of Canada (SOGC) ongoing mission is to promote excellence in the practice of obstetrics and gynaecology and to advance the health of women through leadership, advocacy, collaboration, and education.
The SOGC has over 4,000 members, comprised of obstetricians, gynaecologists, family physicians, nurses, midwives, and allied health professionals working in the field of sexual reproductive health.
Since 1944, the SOGC continues to be a leading national and international authority on women’s reproductive health and on evidence-based training and education. The SOGC leads the development of 12-17 clinical practice guidelines per year and hosts 3 regional continuing medical education meetings and an Annual Clinical and Scientific Conference. These events attract a diverse group of delegates that include women’s health care providers, researchers, educators and policy makers, who have the opportunity to network, learn and share information and ideas. These events also facilitate the identification of critical gaps in the field through needs assessments that inform future curricula and program development.
The SOGC has recently launched its own online e-learning platform, which hosts accredited interactive courses, including virtual communities of practice, for members and non-members around the world.
Reporting to the Director, Communications and Public Affairs, the Communications Specialist is responsible for with the planning, coordination and deployment of the organization’s communications initiatives and activities.
- Assist the Presidency or CEO in preparing for interviews: collect statistics, prepare research files, find sources of relevant information
- Write content based on strategic objectives (promotion of continuing education events, e-magazine, social media, website, newsletters, etc.).
- Choose relevant interview excerpts to use for internal sharing, on our social networks or for editing on a specific topic.
- Evaluates and assists in establishing standard operating procedures. Reviews and edits communications submitted for organizational issues. Works closely with various business departments to ensure messages are delivered clearly and effectively. Requires a bachelor's degree.
QUALIFICATIONS and KEY SKILLS
- Be able to communicate effectively based on strategic objectives with strong journalistic acumen
- Be aware of current events and identify opportunities for public intervention.
- Participate in production or liaison meetings with other SOGC teams to prepare communication actions
- Writing eloquent texts from complex content, ideally in the field of health
- Content management on social networks according to their particularities
- Liaison and follow-up of contracts with marketing or translation agencies
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION:
- Minimum of 3 years of experience related to public affairs.
- University degree in communications, journalism or marketing.
- Excellent command of the English language and very good command of the French language, spoken and written.
- Very good knowledge of the Office suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, Teams, etc.).
- Knowledge of web performance analysis tools (e.g. Google Analytics)
- Knowledge of the RiSE platform of iMis a big asset
- Basic knowledge of HTML, content management platforms and Photoshop, SEO
The SOGC is an equal opportunity employer and encourages all qualified applicants to apply. SOGC welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Should you be interested in this position, please submit your cover letter and resumé by September 30th, 2022.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.