We are looking for a full-time Communications Specialist to join our team. The Communications Specialist is our chief connector and storyteller, responsible for spreading the word about The North Grove's programming and impact among all our key audiences including staff, community members, volunteers, partners, and funders.
They will develop and execute strategies and campaigns that build awareness of the organization and support its fund development activities. Our ideal candidate is a communicator who loves to listen, learn and share what they
see and hear. They are thoughtful, conscientious and open to a wide variety of experiences and points of view. Above all, they want their work to make a difference in the world.
The successful candidate will be curious and nimble, able to meet deadlines and manage emerging issues as they arise. They will relish the opportunity to develop meaningful connections with The North Grove community, including program participants, volunteers, and funders.
Hours: Full-time (37.5 hours/week)
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
Reporting to the Director of Partnership Development, the successful candidate will:
- Develop and implement a wide range of communications strategies for the organization's key audiences including staff, community members, volunteers, partners and supporters
- Manage and create content for our communications platforms including: our robust social media presence (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube) o website (Wix) and donation pages (CanadaHelps)
- Grow our electronic newsletter audience and help us customize their experience (Mailchimp)
- Collaborate on developing and executing events and fund development campaigns such as our end of year campaign
- Work with the program team to identify, invite and interview program participants to collect and write impact stories
- Act as the primary liaison with integral partners such as our photographer, videographer, and printer
The North Grove has more than 25 years of experience in Dartmouth North, but our new name is only two years old. Your dedication to building brand excellence is important to growing our awareness:
- Promote and safeguard our brand guidelines when engaging in design work
- Support staff in their ongoing adoption and use of the brand
- Act as a model of brand excellence in all content creation including social media ads, web pages, posters, reports etc.
North Grove Community Member
- Participate in broader activities that support the organization: tours, videos, fundraising opportunities, posting program information, special events, internal committees, etc.
- Support our Equity and Inclusion Committee as it develops its communications strategy and needs
WHAT YOU WILL BRING:
- Experience and interest in working with diverse communities using a strengthsbased approach, showing sensitivity to those who experience poverty/discrimination
- Education in a related field of study or equivalent experience
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Comfort in every step of the content creation process including:
- Clear, concise writing skills
- Strong visual communication and an aptitude for design
- Experience with social media platforms and posting
- Ability to update and edit blog & webpages
We encourage you to check out our social media platforms and website for more about who we are and the kind of communications we share.
Salary range: $40,000 to $50,000 annually, with robust vacation, benefits, and pension program.
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume by email to Anne-Marie McElrone.
Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. Interested candidates should send resume and letter of interest to the email address listed above by Monday, September 19, 2022.