Full-Time Executive Assistant - Out of Scope - Human Resource Services
Greater Saskatoon Catholic Schools - Human Resource Services Unit - invites applications for an out-of-scope full-time position of Executive Assistant. The department provides human resource support for approximately 2,100 full and part-time employees in 43 elementary and 7 high schools in Saskatoon, Humboldt, Biggar, Warman and Martensville. Human Resource Services has primary responsibility for recruitment, staffing, labour relations, collective bargaining, diversity, equity and inclusion, and benefits administration for the Division.
The Executive Assistant is a highly skilled and dynamic individual who provides confidential administrative support to the Superintendent, Human Resource Services, Manager, Human Resource Services, and other members of the Human Resource Services department, Unit Superintendents, and school administration.
Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Provide general administrative support to all functions within the Human Resource Services department as required
- Maintenance of the human resource information system including accurately entering employee information, placements, leaves, retirements and resignations
- Create, maintain, and provide analysis of various departmental reports
- Liaise with other internal departments and external providers as required
- Maintain files (electronic and paper), various tracking documents and spreadsheets
- Respond to and escalate employee inquiries and needs in a timely manner
- Perform a variety of clerical duties such as filing, copying, collating, sorting and distributing documents
- Provide back up and team support to others in the Human Resource Services Department
- Provide additional support when required to plan and coordinate special projects and events
- Contribute to the entire Human Resource function within Greater Saskatoon Catholic Schools
Required qualifications include:
- Participation in a Catholic Church community
- Completed certificate or diploma from a recognized office/business administration program
- Demonstrated ability and desire to remain organized, work hard and efficiently with a focus on attention to detail, accuracy, and the ability to handle confidential information
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, coupled with exceptional interpersonal skills
- Ability to establish priorities, manage deadlines, work independently and as a member of a team
- Ability to manage tasks, processes, resources, and information in a confidential and fast paced environment
- High level of professionalism, integrity, and discretion is essential
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced dynamic environment with multiple shifting priorities and the ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to proficiently use Microsoft Office, particularly Word and Excel and the ability to easily learn new programs
- Technological aptitude coupled with the ability to strategically utilize and link data and information from various HR data systems
- Knowledge of community and employment related challenges and opportunities for Indigenous peoples of Saskatchewan
Preference may be given to candidates with:
- Completed Human Resources Certificate or equivalent
- Experience in a Human Resources environment
- Knowledge of the Saskatchewan Education sector
- Experience in a unionized setting
- Language competence in Cree, French, or Ukrainian
- Ability to work additional time as needed and if required
A combination of relevant education and experience may be considered.
Inquiries may be directed to Tianna Joyce, Manager, Human Resource Services at 306-659-7067.
Applicants must complete the online application process http://www.applitrack.com/gscs/onlineapp/ - Job Opportunity 2594. Applications must be submitted on or before 12:00 pm noon on September 19, 2022.
Greater Saskatoon Catholic Schools is committed to achieving and maintaining a workforce, which reflects and affirms the diversity of our school division. Applications are encouraged from First Nations and Métis candidates.