At Day & Ross, you'll go far.
From a single truckload of potatoes in the 1950s to a fleet of thousands, Day & Ross is one of the fastest-growing and oldest providers of transportation solutions. With more than 8,000 employees, drivers, and owner operators, we're a major player in cross-border and LTL/TL transportation, offering a diverse portfolio of transport and logistics solutions across North America.
For over a decade, we've been recognized as one of Canada's Best Managed Companies, and we have been named a Top Company for Women to Work for in Transportation every year since 2018. Our industry recognition is a testament to the family values we share with our parent company, McCain Foods Limited.
About the Role
Customer Care Representative
The Customer Care Representative works closely with various internal and external contacts to effectively and efficiently respond to customer inquiries and requests, provides exceptional customer service through each customer interaction and all contact channels: phone, email, chat, fax, and web.
How You'll Help:
- Be logged in and ready to respond to the queue on time at the beginning of each shift, after scheduled breaks, and throughout the scheduled shift.
- Multitask between emails and inquiries via web chat simultaneously
- Open and maintain cases within Sales Force based on all customer inquiries/interactions via phone or e-mail.
- Collecting and processing customer credit card transactions
- Respond to customer inquiries by phone, email, or chat in a timely, accurate, and professional manner. Seeks answers from the supervisor when unsure, in order to provide the customer with an accurate response.
- Be aware of applicable KPIs and work diligently to meet or exceed, including time to answer, time on call, etc.
- Work with other members of the team to improve individual and team performance.
- Other related duties as may be required.
Your Skills and Experience:
- Minimum high school education
- Call center/customer service training a strong asset
- Training in conflict resolution/mediation an asset
- Positive and professional customer service skills, including an appropriate sense of urgency and genuine interest in resolving customer concerns and/or requests.
- Advanced communication skills, both verbal and written. Bilingual skills in French (verbal and written) a strong asset
- Excellent keyboarding skills, both speed and accuracy
- Ability to multitask efficiently
- Advanced problem solving skills
- Ability to say ?no? or deliver unfavorable information in a positive and professional manner.
- French a strong asset
- Individual contributor
To apply, visit the Careers page on our website at dayross.com.
Please note that the successful candidate will be asked to provide reference and criminal background checks prior to employment. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
As a federally regulated employer, Day & Ross fully supports the principles of employment equity and encourages all qualified members of the designated groups to apply.