Relay is the all-in-one, collaborative money management platform. We're building for employer SMBs and their finance function, internal and external, and are focused on delivering a human-centric customer experience. Ultimately, we help SMBs be ?on the money'.
Relay is looking for a Human Resources Coordinator to join our People Team. You will be an integral part of making Relay an engaging and meaningful place to work for all our employees. Reporting to the Head of People and working closely with all members of our People Team, you will be responsible for the administration and coordination of our employee information and benefits, supporting our recruiting and onboarding processes and other initiatives. This role will work in our downtown office three days a week, supporting the creation of a memorable employee experience both in office and remotely. This is a unique opportunity to join an early stage startup and make an impact across all of our growing teams.
What you'll be doing:
- Administer Canadian benefit plans and programs, including enrolment and changes (for our group benefits plan)
- Provide administrative support for the recruitment process and engage with candidates
- Oversee and implement the onboarding for all new employees
- Maintain employee records and individual employee files in our HRIS System (Humi)
- Prepare HR related paperwork as needed (employment verification letters, background checks, etc.)
- Advocate for and uphold our culture through various culture initiatives, such as social events and team building
- Complete other HR duties as they arise; we are a fast-moving and fast growing environment, not two days are ever the same! What we're looking for:
- 1+ years of experience, gained through internships/coops or full time work
- Post-secondary degree in HR
- Exceptionally organized and process driven - a quality first approach
- Ability to multi-task with changing priorities is required
- Ability to use good judgment in assessing difficult situations
Nice to have:
- Experience working at a start-up or fast paced environment
- GSuite experience, demonstrated experience with HRIS and ATS (any kind) If you join us, you will have:
- The opportunity to help shape Relay's People Team from the ground up and help build a winning culture
- Personal and professional growth. We care about getting better everyday and leveling up. Our goal is to make Relay a step-change career opportunity
- An outstanding work environment that is passionate about getting stuff done, collaboration, learning and having funA fast-paced, collaborative, and rewarding team environment, where your perspectives and experiences matterLeaders who support your growth and success through regular feedback and coaching
- Comprehensive benefits that start from day one of employment and a health spending account (HSA), as well as a wellness spending account (WSA)
- A competitive salary and meaningful equityConsiderable vacation; end of year holiday shutdown
- Birthday perks, dog-friendly office days, team off-sites and virtual/in-person team bonding events, summer and monthly events...and more!
- Flexible work environment with catered lunches and a snack/beverage program *Please be advised that candidates will be required to complete a Background Check as well as a writing sample.*
What's important to us:
At Relay, we believe that diversity is key to building high-performing teams, and creating an inclusive work environment is our priority. We are an equal opportunity employer and we welcome people of diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and skills.
We will work with applicants to provide accommodations at any stage of the hiring process. If you require accommodations during the interview process, please email your People Team contact, and we will work with you to meet your needs.