Join HPO's dynamic and creative team!
HPO's Marketing and Communications Manager leads all marketing and communication activities to strengthen HPO's brand and increase awareness of and engagement in HPO's performances, programs and events.
ABOUT THE HPO
For over a century, the Hamilton Philharmonic Orchestra has presented orchestral music and education programs with a mission to enrich the wellbeing of the greater Hamilton region through engaging orchestral experiences. As one of Canada's leading professional orchestras, the HPO has proudly contributed to the shaping of Hamilton's cultural landscape and continues to uphold values of high calibre, inclusive and accessible orchestral music and education for all.
The Hamilton Philharmonic Orchestra cultivates a work environment that encourages fairness and respect among all employees. We are committed to maintaining a work atmosphere in which people of diverse backgrounds may grow personally and professionally. We are an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against an employee or applicant because of race, religion, gender, national origin, ethnicity, age, physical disabilities, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, or veteran status in hiring. Opportunity is provided to all employees based on qualifications and job requirements.
Reporting to the Executive Director and working closely with the Marketing and Communications Coordinator, administrative and artistic teams, The Marketing and Communications Manager is responsible for the following:
Strategy execution, implementation and analysis
- Develop, manage and assess traditional and digital marketing campaigns across all programs with the goal of growing the audience of all concerts, programs and events;
- Creating and implementing tactics to generate subscription and single ticket sales (print / direct mail/e-commerce / digital advertising, etc.) with the goal of creating engaging, efficient, cost-effective, and targeted campaigns to grow audiences across all offerings;
- Working with HPO's Brand Manager for design/planning and production of season brochures, advertising and all other marketing materials across all collateral mediums;
- Analyzing pre- and post-campaign KPIs such as return on investment, pricing analysis; market trends, consumer satisfaction, and product preference and make recommendations on new strategies;
- Monitoring ticket sales reports, providing recommendations to adjust advertising strategies accordingly to stay on pace to achieve goals;
- Overseeing communications plans and social media campaigns;
- Producing timely wrap-up reports of concert and event campaigns.
- Initiates promotional partnerships with community partners to leverage mutual goals and mandates in the community;
- Manages marketing supplier/partner relationships with regard to advertising, digital media and printing.
- Marketing or Communications qualification or equivalent
- Minimum (3) three years of related work experience
- Knowledge of advertising and marketing disciplines including marketing systems, ticketing and subscription-based sales, and content marketing
- Understanding of digital media platforms and electronic project management tools
- Superb organizational skills, attention to detail and the ability to meet deadlines
- Creative thinking, an innovative spirit, initiative, strong problem resolution and ability to thrive in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment
- Understanding of CRM systems
- Proficient in Microsoft 365
- Knowledge or interest in music and/or the performing arts is an asset
- Willingness to attend events and performances
HOW TO APPLY:
Please send resume and cover letter
Application deadline: Application review begins immediately; applications will be accepted until the position is filled.