We are seeking a highly motivated, confident individual to join the Canada Strategic Proposal team. As a Proposal Writer, you provide strategic and tactical support to help win new business. You actively participate in the proposal management project lifecycle and co-author content for proposals, oral presentations, and other proposal collateral. In the role, you will work with Client Executives, client service professionals, designers, other Proposal Writers across Canada, and an international team of Proposal Coordinators.
Your key responsibilities:
- Drive the strategic communications process on large, complex and strategically significant proposals
- Research, write and edit standard and customized proposal content
- Contribute and/or facilitate meetings with bid response team members
- Coach and develop collateral for oral presentations
- Facilitate win strategy sessions
- Project manage the process which includes the coordination of information from contributors and follow-up on action items to achieve a coordinated team effort
- Monitor the progress of all proposal activities for adherence to deadlines and quality standards
- Share leading practices with proposal teams
- Review final proposal collateral for quality, format and content for adherence to the firm's brand standards
- Serve as a liaison between the proposal response team and other support functions
- Build and leverage relationships within the Markets Organization across the country
- Manage multiple proposals and priorities simultaneously
Skills and Attributes for Success:
- Exceptional writing and editing skills
- Strong business acumen
- Organized, detail-oriented and highly deadline-driven
- Strong project management skills, the ability to establish priorities, set and manage schedules, and coordinate multiple projects at one time
- Ability to interact effectively with all levels of the organization
- Highly developed computer skills, including Microsoft Office suite and cloud-based technology
To Qualify for the role you must have:
- 2-5 years relevant experience
- Experience in professional services (e.g., accounting, management consulting, legal, architectural, engineering) is highly desirable
- A background in proposals, content writing or communications
- Undergraduate degree required (major in Language, Communications, Marketing or Business)
What We Offer
We offer a competitive compensation package where you'll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package allows you decide which benefits are right for you and which ones help you create a solid foundation for your future. Our Total Rewards package includes a comprehensive medical, prescription drug and dental coverage, a defined contribution pension plan, a great vacation policy plus firm paid days that allow you to enjoy longer long weekends throughout the year, statutory holidays and paid personal days (based on province of residence), and a range of exciting programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social well-being. Plus, we offer:
- Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues in the industry
- Learning opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that's right for you
Diversity and Inclusion at EY
Diversity and inclusiveness are at the heart of who we are and how we work. We're committed to fostering an environment where differences are valued, policies and practices are equitable, and our people feel a sense of belonging. From our actions to combat systemic racism and our advocacy for the LGBT+ community to our innovative Neurodiversity Centre of Excellence and Accessibility initiatives, we welcome and embrace the diverse experiences, abilities, backgrounds and perspectives that make our people unique and help guide us. Because when people feel free to be their authentic selves at work, they bring their best and are empowered to build a better working world.
EY Way of Work and your health and safety
EY Way of Work recognizes flexibility in the way we collaborate, innovate and deliver with the ability to work in-person and remotely. To support a healthy and safe in-person working environment, EY has implemented various layers of health and safety controls while working in the office or at client or other locations. A critical component of EY's workplace safety program includes our COVID-19 vaccination policy which requires all personnel to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless an accommodation based on a reason protected by human rights legislation is provided.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.