Come Work with Us!
At RBC, our culture is deeply supportive and rich in opportunity and reward. You will help our clients thrive and our communities prosper, empowered by a spirit of shared purpose.
Whether you're helping clients find new opportunities, developing new technology, or providing expert advice to internal partners, you will be doing work that matters in the world, in an environment built on teamwork, service, responsibility, diversity, and integrity.
What is the opportunity?
RBC Capital Market Technology's Data Content team is looking for a highly skilled Communications Specialist (CS) to join the team.
The CS will be part of a team of the Data Content & Modeling (DCM) team with their role being focused on supporting and driving communications from DCM across the capital Markets organization: developing communication standards and templates using various communication tools (Word, PowerPoint, etc.); creating and maintaining educational videos, supporting the creation of Lunch-and-learn program materials.
He/she will be required to engage with all levels of DCM and our technology and business partners to achieve our communication objectives.
What will you do?
- Creation and maintenance of communication standards and templates
- Development and publication of DCM media (incl. Lunch-and-learns, videos, presentations, newsletters)
- Support presentation delivery
- Management of communications library
- Coordination of DCM presence at conferences and events
What do you need to succeed?
- Strong analytical/problem solving skills and attention to detail
- Self-motivated and pro-active with proven ability to work accurately and under pressure to meet deadlines
- Strong communication skills - Ability to summarize and explain clearly large and complex information to a wide range of audiences (senior managers, audit, controller, finance, model developers, regulators and controls)
- Experience working with Jira, Confluence, MS Office
- Bachelor's degree or diploma in communications or, marketing
- Experience and education if video creation and editing
- Exposure to data analytics
- Good understanding of Capital Markets and Trade Lifecycle (Pre, Post) and Front to Back functions (Operations, Product Control, Market Risk & Finance)
- Post graduate certification
- Data modeling experience
What's in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including bonuses and flexible benefits, competitive compensation, commissions, and stock where applicable
- Leaders who support your development through coaching and managing opportunities
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
- A world-class training program in financial services
- Flexible work/life balance options
- Opportunities to do challenging work
HALIFAX, Nova Scotia, Canada
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
At RBC, we embrace diversity and inclusion for innovation and growth. We are committed to building inclusive teams and an equitable workplace for our employees to bring their true selves to work. We are taking actions to tackle issues of inequity and systemic bias to support our diverse talent, clients and communities.
We also strive to provide an accessible candidate experience for our prospective employees with different abilities. Please let us know if you need any accommodations during the recruitment process.
Join our Talent Community
Stay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. Sign up and get customized info on our latest jobs, career tips and Recruitment events that matter to you.
Expand your limits and create a new future together at RBC. Find out how we use our passion and drive to enhance the well-being of our clients and communities at rbc.com/careers.