Come Work with Us!
At RBC, our culture is deeply supportive and rich in opportunity and reward. You will help our clients thrive and our communities prosper, empowered by a spirit of shared purpose.
Whether you're helping clients find new opportunities, developing new technology, or providing expert advice to internal partners, you will be doing work that matters in the world, in an environment built on teamwork, service, responsibility, diversity, and integrity.
HR Data Analyst
What is the Opportunity?
RBC, one of Canada's largest and most respected employers, is looking for a HR Data Analyst to join our growing Talent Data and Analytics team.
Reporting to the Director, HR Data Governance & Data Management, the HR Data Analyst will be a strong execution lead of all facets of HR data governance and management across the HR domain. You will lead root cause analysis and end-to-end data discovery efforts and will provide advice and oversight to our HR Centres of Excellence and our business partners through projects, initiatives, and day to day operational activities related to the management and governance of HR data.
Your quick, problem-solving ability allows you to investigate, analyze, organize and prioritize easily -and is foundational to your success in the role. Your strong ability to work with multiple stakeholders and form positive working relationships will also be helpful. You will interface regularly with SMEs from HR Centres of Excellence, the HR Architecture team and the HR Reporting team as well as our partners in IT, Finance, Chief Data Office and Legal. A key focus for our team and this role in particular is in the proper design of employee data capture processes, to make them more accurate and efficient for employees, managers, and the HR community.
As the right candidate, you are multifaceted, fast-paced, comfortable with change and ambiguity, and understand how to apply design thinking and problem solving skills to projects. You will be excited by opportunities to optimize (and support) our HR data architecture, data governance, and data pipelines. You understand how HR data is increasingly seen as an invaluable asset, and are comfortable collaborating with HR subject matter experts to understand the business requirements.
What will you do?
- Understand requirements from businesses to help review, improve and document changes to data definitions, access, usage and management processes
- Translate business requirements to IT requirements
- Advise on best practices for data usage/security/retention/collection etc. for various projects related to HR data and analytics
- Engage in a variety of initiatives supporting HR operations, and strive to evolve the maturity of the HR Data governance program
- Work with data infrastructure team, data integration teams etc. to execute on projects
- Document, manage and execute master data validation strategies for the function.
- Execute analytical audits against a variety of types of HR data to assess data validity and data quality, understand gaps, impact and scope of data issues
- Collaborate with other departments on data management related projects and reviews.
- Support an effective governance communication program for the function
- Build a common repository of HR data knowledge including data dictionaries, dimension and measure definitions, and lineage.
- Summarize and explain data sets and designs, business processes
- Support the strategic development of the HR Governance Program through research and analytics.
What do you need to succeed?
- 5+ years' experience in a data-driven environment with a strong understanding of data issues, data management and data governance principles.
- Strong Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Experience troubleshooting data and processes to answer specific business questions and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Experience designing processes to support data transformation, data structures, metadata, dependency and workload management.
- Strong analytic skills related to working with unstructured and sub-optimized datasets.
- Strong management and organizational skills
- Experience supporting and working with cross-functional teams in a dynamic environment
- Communication and presentation skills: ability to summarize and playback analysis, tailor the content for different audiences (technical and non-technical) to drive to impact and help make data-driven decisions.
- HR/People data domain experience is preferred.
- Graduate degree demonstrating the ability to research, learn and problem solve.
- Experience in agile development and design thinking methodologies
- Superior MS Excel and PowerPoint
- SQL/MySQL or other data query/analytics capability
- Comfort with data visualization tools such as Tableau or Power BI
- Experience managing a small team would be an asset.
What's in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including bonuses and flexible benefits, competitive compensation
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
- Opportunities to take on progressively greater scopes of work
RBC is committed to supporting flexible work arrangements when and where available. Details to be discussed with hiring manager.
RBC requires as a condition of employment that all successful candidates in the United States and Canada be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 prior to their start date, and may require proof of the same. Reasonable accommodation is available where required by law.
TORONTO, Ontario, Canada
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
At RBC, we embrace diversity and inclusion for innovation and growth. We are committed to building inclusive teams and an equitable workplace for our employees to bring their true selves to work. We are taking actions to tackle issues of inequity and systemic bias to support our diverse talent, clients and communities.
We also strive to provide an accessible candidate experience for our prospective employees with different abilities. Please let us know if you need any accommodations during the recruitment process.
Join our Talent Community
Stay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. Sign up and get customized info on our latest jobs, career tips and Recruitment events that matter to you.
Expand your limits and create a new future together at RBC. Find out how we use our passion and drive to enhance the well-being of our clients and communities at rbc.com/careers.