GRAPHIC DESIGN AND SOCIAL MEDIA, WESTERN CANADA
The Graphic Designer is responsible for the design and production management of promotional materials for the AWSM portfolio of wines and spirits. Reporting to the BC Regional Marketing Manager, Spirits, and responsible to the other Regional Marketing Managers (RMMs), they will work to provided briefs and use their technical designs skills and creative flair to produce promotional assets. These range from printed materials such as product portfolios and retail merchandise (neck tags, shelf talkers, backer cards), through to digital signage, website assets, and social media posts. The Graphic Designer also manages the AWSM West Instagram account, designing and scheduling high quality content in line with guidance from RMMs. Due to the size and technical nature of the AWSM portfolio the Graphic Designer must have exceptional attention to detail and maintain a good working knowledge of AWSM brands.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES :
- Manage all ad-hoc graphics requests. Projects include in-house design of POS including case cards, necktags, shelf talkers, feature cards, event materials, price list, ads, sell sheets, etc.
- Manage the design and production of planned, ongoing marketing materials. Typical examples include portfolio/catalogue, and quarterly marketing materials for the sales team, ensuring materials are produced accurately and available by agreed deadlines.
- Manage design outsourcing if necessary/appropriate, writing briefs to suppliers and agencies and managing timelines and final execution.
- Optimise project efficiency by actively seeking to share new designs with all Regional Marketing Managers.
- Optimise production efficiency and cost by actively seeking competitive quotes from preferred suppliers and consolidating production runs and shipping costs.
- Maintain working knowledge of the brand style and assets for the AWSM portfolio of suppliers and use this to inform design and make recommendations to the RMMs.
- Guided by RMMs manage the AWSM West Instagram and schedule ongoing exciting content.
- Lead Social Media brainstorm meetings.
- Provide input and recommendations to larger, national projects as guided by the Marketing Management team and in conjunction with the CHG national IT and Business Intelligence team.
- Create and manage a social media calendar - linked with other marketing / sales promotions.
- Maintain and manage all digital assets on our Sharepoint systems, ensuring files are accurate, organised, and up to date for RMMs to access as needed.
- Assist in the distribution of POS and other materials with Sales & Marketing coordinators/Managers.
- Print coordination and BCL shelf talker distribution and other duties as requested for marketing/management.
· Experience: College degree or certificate in Graphic Design/Marketing or equivalent discipline and/or minimum of 1-3 years graphic design experience for consumer facing POS materials. You will have a portfolio of examples of your work to date.
· Skills: Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills. Must be highly organized and have exceptional attention to detail. Be prepared to provide examples of your design work. Must be able to juggle multiple projects and prioritise effectively. It is important to be self-motivated and able to work independently.
· Knowledge: Must have great PC skills with proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite, specifically Indesign, Illustrator, Photoshop and Excel. Experience with social media platforms including Instagram, TikTok, Twitter, Facebook, Hootsuite, Mailchimp and also has experience with photography.
· Physical: Must be physically fit and be able to lift and carry 41+ pounds and be able to handle heavy POS material.
· Other: Must possess and maintain a valid Driver's license in BC and must meet the Company's automobile insurance requirements. Must have and maintain a valid Canadian Passport.
Please forward a detailed cover letter and resume which demonstrates your passion for the wine & spirits industry and desire to contribute to a positive team culture.
The above information is representative of the work performed in this position, however it is not all-inclusive. The omission of a specific duty or responsibility does not exclude it from the position if the work is similar or related to the essential duties and responsibilities. This document is a work in progress' and can be reviewed and updated at least annually.