Manitoba Hydro is consistently recognized as one of Manitoba's Top Employers!
- Competitive salary and benefits package.
- Defined-benefit pension plan.
- Nine-day work cycle which normally results in every other Monday off, providing for a balanced approach to work, family life and community.
- Flex-time and partially remote work schedule, depending on nature of work, operational requirements and work location.
Manitoba Hydro is a leader among energy companies in North America, recognized for providing highly reliable service and exceptional customer satisfaction. Join our team of Manitoba's best as we continue to build a company that supports innovation, commitment and customer service.
We are seeking an experienced Marketing Manager, who, under the general direction of the Director, Sales/Marketing & Product Development, will be responsible for the overall leadership of the Marketing Department and accountable for defining the scope and vision of the team to drive marketing operations, including the development of marketing strategies and objectives, execution of marketing campaigns, creation of creative content, operationalization of digital marketing strategies and digital engagement through the development of optimized channels through an enterprise website and social media platforms. This role will also lead a data and analytics function to support and improve the enterprise engagement metric.
This role will work collaboratively with many internal teams such as Customer Research, Corporate Communications, Products & Services, and employee-facing teams in Sales and the Contact Centre.
- Develop and maintain a strategic plan for the Marketing Department to position Manitoba Hydro as a trusted advisor within an evolving energy landscape.
- Oversee the day-to-day operations of the department, optimizing the performance of the Strategy 2040 Campaign Pod, Marketing Strategy, Creative Services, and Digital Engagement sections.
- Lead all of Manitoba Hydro's strategic marketing capabilities, including the development of overall marketing strategies for campaign delivery, content creation, and marketing channels (web, social, email, print, media).
- Work in collaboration with the Marketing Strategist Pod Lead to oversee the successful planning, coordination, and delivery of external marketing campaigns tied to Strategy 2040 initiatives and related KPI's.
- Develop enterprise level marketing metrics to demonstrate engagement of customers with the corporation.
- Work in collaboration with the Customer Products & Policies Manager to align marketing strategies and external marketing campaigns with product strategies to effectively market new and existing products.
- Work in collaboration with the Customer Strategy & Experience Director to analyze and optimize the performance of marketing efforts/digital marketing channels while also aligning marketing outputs with customer journeys and strategies.
- Work in collaboration with the Corporate Communications Director to align on key messages to be incorporated within marketing outputs.
- Complete supervisory duties, including coaching, mentoring and performance management for direct reports within the Marketing team.
- The successful applicant will possess a University Degree in an appropriate discipline, plus nine years of directly related experience, demonstrating progressively greater responsibility in a supervisory/leadership capacity or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Demonstrated managerial and leadership skills combined with excellent interpersonal skills and a proven record as a team player are essential.
- Experience leading an enterprise marketing strategy including calendars, data and analytics with insights and identification of opportunities to reduce costs and save time for customers and employees.
- Experience leading strategies to enhance digital channel engagement using web, email, social media, print, and other marketing collateral.
- An understanding of the creative process, both writing, print and digital design, and web and how they need to work together to deliver outstanding results.
- An understanding of the importance of brand standards and experience with ensuring brand standards are applied consistently.
- Demonstrated experience leading and providing coaching and mentoring to employees.
- Ability to think strategically and develop strategic plans with measurable outcomes.
- Experience developing and evaluating budget estimates and timelines.
- Ability to understand, forecast, manage and resource the Marketing team to provide timely services to the rest of the organization.
- Ability to work with a wide range of creative, digital and marketing specialists to guide individuals' career goals and professional development plans.
- Experience in presenting concepts to internal clients and the executive team.
Starting salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience. The range for the classification is $55.94-$76.64 Hourly, $107,183.18-$146,864.12 Annually.
Visit www.hydro.mb.ca/careers to learn more about this position and to apply online. The deadline for applications is SEPTEMBER 26, 2022.
We thank you for your interest and will contact you if you are selected for an interview.
This document is available in accessible formats upon request. Please let us know if you require any accommodations during the recruitment process.