Referred applicants should not apply directly to this role.
All referred applicants must first be submitted through Workday by a current Loblaw Colleague.
500 Lakeshore Blvd. West, Toronto, Ontario, M5V 2V9
When you hire great people, great things can happen.
PC Financial offers unprecedented value to Canadians through payment products. We're a different kind of bank with a different type of team-we're collaborative and supportive and have the freedom and responsibility to thrive. Our purpose is to make the everyday simple and better for our customers, and we strive to make every dollar worth more.
Proudly serving over 3 million customers, PC Financial continues to grow by offering payment solutions and services that reward our customers every day. As a subsidiary of Loblaws Company Inc., we share the CORE values of Care, Ownership, Respect and Excellence. We are dedicated to helping Canadians Live Life Well. Join us on our journey.
Why This Role Is Important
PC Financial & Services (PCF&S) is looking for a Specialist, Internal Communication who will support communication for our Payments, Telecom and Insurance teams and work closely with senior leaders, cross functional business partners and other communicators within the Loblaw network.
This position requires exceptional written, verbal and presentation skills; solid understanding of and experience working in internal communication, experience leading projects to meet objectives, and the ability to build trusted relationships with key stakeholders - while operating in a fast-paced, complex environment.
What You'll Do
- Establish strong working relationships with leaders across the PC Financial and Services team. This includes providing expert service and counsel to the divisional president and the senior leadership team.
- Deliver solid internal communication plans against a variety of PCF&S initiatives, including:
- Business strategy and performance efforts, Culture, Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI), Environmental, Social, and Governance (ESG), and employer branding.
- Customer-facing programs, this includes hyping our key campaign moments to create colleague ambassadors.
- Communication tactics to support company events such as town halls, annual conferences, video segments, newsletters, intranet articles, company announcements, and more.
- Cultivate world class employee engagement through events, social platforms and storytelling.
- Work in a matrix organization that touches Store Operations, Category teams, and frontline colleagues and employees.
- Foster a continuous improvement mindset within the team, by effectively measuring the impact of communication efforts post-implementation and adjusting wherever necessary. Leverage data and insights to influence and inform narratives and programming.
- Connect across the broader corporate communication team to drive efficiencies and create value for our business partners.
What You Bring
- 2-5 years of related experience, primarily in internal communication and related to the initiatives noted above.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, a belief in plain language, and an ability to write in various styles and formats.
- Solid understanding of internal communications principles and practices.
- Proven ability to support and counsel others; strong social skills.
- Experience in financial services industry, retail or mobile is a plus.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment with the ability to adapt to change and meet timelines (without sacrificing quality!).
- A positive attitude, a desire to learn, a willingness to roll up your sleeves to get work done either independently or as part of a team and a curiosity to challenge the status quo.
- Assets: bilingualism and a sense of humour.
- University degree, preferably with specialization in English, Communication, Public Relations or a related discipline.
- Advanced knowledge of, and experience using the Microsoft Office Suite (Word and PowerPoint).
Come and join a winning team who demonstrates innovation, energy, creativity and vision. We recognize the importance of a diverse workforce and we therefor encourage applications from Aboriginal Peoples, women, members of a visible minority and persons with a disability. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Number Of Openings
PC Financial recognizes Canada's diversity as a source of national pride and strength. We have made it a priority to reflect our nation's evolving diversity in the products we sell, the people we hire, and the culture we create in our organization. Accommodation is available upon request for applicants and colleagues with disabilities.
In addition, we believe that compliance with laws is about doing the right thing. Upholding the law is part of our Code of Conduct - it reinforces what our customers and stakeholders expect of us.
Please Note: If you have Employee Self Service (ESS) on Workday, apply to this job via the Workday application.