As Bison's Digital Marketing Specialist, you will develop and execute annual and multi-year marketing plans that support Bison's overall strategic goals. This includes handling all elements of our digital marketing initiatives such as inbound and outbound social media and email campaigns, podcasts, blogs, website content creation and management. Using SEM/SEO, Google AdWords and Hubspot, you will build strategy and optimize our online visibility, ranking, and customer experiences both internal and external to the business. This role reports to our Director, Marketing & Communications. If you are an engaging and creative digital marketing professional who loves promoting meaningful content and seeing the return on investment, this could be the opportunity for you!
- Manage a variety of engaging content, including articles, podcasts, social content, brochures, marketing assets, video/audio scripts, web copy, ads, etc. to ensure the very best online experience, while meeting our corporate and business unit communication goals
- Research and craft content to ensure our topics are timely and relevant, resulting in engagement growth
- Work closely with the key stakeholders on the formation of content to ensure engagement and goals are met
- Assist with marketing collateral, such as social media copy, graphics, printed and online collateral, etc.
- Maintain and protect the Bison brand strategy by upholding the business' brand standards and content style guidelines, as well as the overall expression of the business' corporate identity in the content we generate
- Cultivate and maintain business relationships
- As part of a content marketing team, work closely with other content creators and designers in a collaborative manner to develop new ideas and concepts
- Interpret technical information and translate into content that is accessible to a business audience while maintaining accuracy
- Review content KPIs and develop recommendations for improvement
- Optimize content on the website for search engine optimization (SEO)
- Completion of post-secondary degree preferably in Marketing, Communications or Public Relations
- Experience managing and creating content for websites, as well as channel-specific knowledge (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram etc.)
- Excellent research skills and strong editorial capacity
- Experience building audiences, either online or offline.
- A dual-minded approach: highly creative and an excellent writer but can also follow processes and rely on data to make decisions.
- Exceptional communication skills (written and verbal) with an understanding of multimedia and visual communications.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and capacity to build strong relationships within team and with internal/external partners
- Must be motivated and able to work with minimal supervision, self-starter
- Versatility to follow direction and think independently during tasks
- Excellent problem solving, time management and project management skills
- Ability to work well in an extremely fast paced environment
- Strong Project Management Skills with Adobe Creative Suite (particularly Photoshop and InDesign) and photography is considered an asset.